JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i'm building my first full AR and I was just reading about someone having trouble getting the barrel nut on tight enough to get the gas tube through.
So I came across the same issue and instead of waiting until tomorrow to take it someone and have it done right I get all impatient and try to hulk it myself.
So now I have a nice idiot mark on my flat top rail!!
Ugggggghhhhhh!!! Why?!?
Now I have to go to bed angry.

Not sure why my pics come up upside down.

image.jpg

;)Sometimes we just need to learn from our mistakes!

I've done it then had to buy another part for a customers gun.. I learned quick

Good thing is we can't see the mark in that pic

haha I chipped my lower slightly putting the bolt catch pin in place...

should have reamed the hole out before trying to get the pin in. but didn't forced it in and the pliers punched through their thick bubblegum tape protection and then slipped off and scraped it. I put a little black paint on it so it's not as painfully noticeable as it was.

chit happens.

Well i measured the threads on te barrel nut and on the upper receiver and it's about 1/8" off. From what a gun shop told me since i have a bull barrel the hogue barrel nut may need some fitting, ie, milling down the flange on the bull barrel.
I said F it and ordered a Samson evolution 15" rail.
That's what i get for going cheap.
I called hogue and tried to order a new barrel nut and they said it would be $38. I paid $49 for the whole thing!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top