JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I can see how that would be an issue. Lame joke, I know, but not without a point. I had wondered if it would be alright to have a couple out there on a charter. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah I actually had people whip out joints and start to light up on a couple charters after WA law legalized it for personal use. I had to explain it was maritime law that applied out on the water and they were putting my captains license at risk. I gave them the option to chuck it overboard or we could go back to dock with no refund. Luckily in both instances they were understanding and overboard the contraband went.

Yeah, it's best to ask those kinds of questions in advance.
Just think how much more they'd appreciate that joint on land, after the days hard work.
Do you guys ever switch over to rockfish or anything if you limit out early, or just hit the dock to keep it fresh?

I never cut trips short unless forced by weather or request. Always something to fish for after target species was obtained. On pink years we would fill limits of Salmon out on them after we had all our kings. Other years I usually would have crab or shrimp pots out to check as well. Several times I got the request to find whales so we did that too. No problem keeping the catch fresh as we would bleed and ice shortly after catching. Fun job but a lot of hard work and the seasons in Wa are getting pretty slim to make a decent living at it.

That's cool! I like catching big fish as much as the next guy. I would just hate to get out there and head back after two hours on the water. I also prefer to eat crab and white fish... all the salmon I catch is getting turned into squaw candy (idk if there is a more PC term, not that I think something so delicious should be considered offensive). Plenty of fish in the ocean, I would not want to settle with a single species!

It's a real shame it's not a more prevalent part of our economy... I could go on, but it's a heated subject.

Sorry to jack your thread.
Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top