JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_2205.jpg

hiked about 1mile down an ATV trail right off main road and down to the bottom of a ridge off the trail I heard sticks break...about 60yds. paused...20seconds...out from a bush pops mr.buck walking right towards me... Almost shot him in between the eyes but didnt make the shot...got him on the followup shot double tap to the lung because I didnt compensate the poi adjustment needed when shooting at something straight down beneath you...1st bullet went high...I remembered right away and compensated for shot 2 and 3. damn buck fever got me. But I would of ruined the skull that way and Im doing a nice euro mount on him today and tomorrow.

Congratulations Rallysoob. That's a good looking buck. I'm hoping I can spend enough time out there this year to fill my tag. This is year number three hunting and so far no luck. I know I haven't put the time in thus far however.

Congrats man! I have a question. What is the minimum caliber in Oregon for big game? Up here in Washington, the smallest caliber for big game is .264. Are rules say that the bullet must create 350 foot lbs of impact at 100yards. A .223 will not do that.

decided against euro mount and just doing an antler mount with some of the hide tanned as cover piece...should look alright. here is what I got so far...as of last night. after some cutting, boiling and cleaning

IMG_8176.jpg

Any suggustions on what to use on the bone as of now? to remove remaining bacteria/living matter...? Peroxide or bleach?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews