JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From another forum but I thought it would be appreciated here as well:

Went I to a pawnshop yesterday just mainly looking but always on the lookout for something that I would like to have. Been looking for a handi rifle in 308 for a while so I always ask if they have one. Well the fella behind the counter says no on the 308 but he did have one in 30'06. Ok, let me see it, BSA 3-9 scope, homemade muzzle brake, 4" from the muzzle five 1/4" holes drilled through the barrel rotate 90 degrees and drill five more! A DIY pink and black camo paint job, yours for $349.00.

I offered $50.00, figured the receiver was worth that much.

hqdefault.jpg

I have been known to peruse the pawn shops, and you will see some "creative Bubba work" that you won't see in the used racks at a gun store.

It always amazes me the price tag they put on some those creations.

I once saw a photos of what looked like an Ishapore SMLE (could tell by the .30 NATO mag.) with the typicalBubba "sporterization" - handguard removed, stock cut down, military sights still there (Bubba must not have had the wherewithal to install sights). I thought "What a clown job. That rifle could have been modified to look like a No.5 MK1 and that could have been kewl."

WELL, turned out it was an experimental counter-sniper rifle, few of which exist. Who'd a thunk?

I posted this long ago but since we are talking Bubba jobs...

Several years ago a neighbor asks if I am interested in an 'Army .45' and I say yes so later that day he comes back and hands me a gun case.

I open it and withdraw the gun, check it, close the action and look it over.

Well I can see the markings and can barely make out 'Mod of 1911 U.S Army' on the slide. I can make out other markings as well but they were faint because some Bubba WET SANDED it to bright steel!!

I explained this tragedy to him and offered him $450 but he declined.

I once saw a photos of what looked like an Ishapore SMLE (could tell by the .30 NATO mag.) with the typicalBubba "sporterization" - handguard removed, stock cut down, military sights still there (Bubba must not have had the wherewithal to install sights). I thought "What a clown job. That rifle could have been modified to look like a No.5 MK1 and that could have been kewl."

WELL, turned out it was an experimental counter-sniper rifle, few of which exist. Who'd a thunk?

I have an Ishapore that was cut down to carbine length and the rear sight base machined flat. Then a Scout Scope rail installed. The upper handguard removed. Not pretty, but functional.

As for the OP - you might have been able to shorten the barrel, removing the bubba'd brake.

The best Bubba I have seen was a 44 mag Ruger Blackhawk that an acquaintance owned, he told me he had "magna ported" it. What he had done, was take an 1/8" drill bit and a hand drill, and drill holes around the barrel from the muzzle back about one inch, maybe 30 + holes. Needless to say I was impressed. (Sarcasm intended)

Another from a several years ago.

I stop in a local PS where I know the owner and he says ' Hey Ed , come back here I want to show you something'

I go to his office and he pulls out a Colt model of 1917 .45 ACP revolver than had the barrel cut to about 3", a front sight crudely welded on and what looked like a home parkerizing job.

He told me he gave some guy $50 for it purely as a joke to show his customers who he knows appreciate 'classic' guns!

I have a little single shot 12g Beretta (Fucile Rinforzato Speciale). I don't think it's of much value, but it's worth even less now. My father wanted it short for his truck gun so took a hack saw to the barrel and commenced to hacking :s0125: .....didn't quite get a straight cut so it looks pretty Bubba. :s0108:

I have a little single shot 12g Beretta (Fucile Rinforzato Speciale). I don't think it's of much value, but it's worth even less now. My father wanted it short for his truck gun so took a hack saw to the barrel and commenced to hacking :s0125: .....didn't quite get a straight cut so it looks pretty Bubba. :s0108:

Angle the muzzle for shooting around corners or getting a good lead on waterfowl (but only in one direction). ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top