JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm working on getting a few hunting rifles ready for sale. Can anyone help me identify what model Browning this is? It's .300 H&H caliber and the only identification that makes sense to me is L651 which doesn't come up with anything that I've found. This is an old gun, pre-serial numbers I believe and is in pretty good shape but the stock could use refinishing as it's peeling all over. Any guestimates on value appreciated as well, I'm not looking to get top dollar for it, just want to move it out with a bunch of ammo and a nice leather scabbard.

Thanks!
Randy

1.jpg 2.jpg

That sure looks like a fn supreme action guessing mid 60's time frame
I love the cartridge. Finding brass for it could be difficult right now.

Here's a pic of the left side. Luckily I've got over 300 rounds to go with it for whoever winds up with it so they should be good for reloading for a while. Some of the ammo is old enough that it has an Ernst price tag of $12.70 for 20 rounds! The days of 64 cents a round for 300 H&H are long gone.

Thanks,
Randy

3.jpg

Any guestimates on value appreciated as well, I'm not looking to get top dollar for it, just want to move it out with a bunch of ammo and a nice leather scabbard.
As to value, a lot will depend on such things as bore condition, overall wear, and the scope and it's mounts! Besides what it comes with, I would say from what I can see in the photos, that's prolly a good $700 ish to start at the lower end of the scale, realistically, I would say ( depending on the un-knowns) were looking at around $850 ish!

Thanks for all the information. What a great video, he certainly does know his stuff about these and all the extra little tidbits about FN and Browning are pretty cool as well. I'm really just a 10/22 and AR plinker when it comes to rifles and this was a real education.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top