JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been away from the forum for a while and search didn't turn anything up....whatever happened to the 3/4 size Browning 1911-22, 1911 shape but smaller and chambered for .22? Is it actually available? Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks...

I've had a Kimber .45 with the .22 conversion...fun to shoot. But more gun than is needed for a .22. And a lighter (smaller) slide would be more consistent for a .22 - a full size slide is a lot of mass (even aluminum) for a .22 to cycle...

I've seen video reviews. Looks nice. American Handgunner had very favorable reviews of the Colt 1911 in .22LR. Browning is mfg. them in full size and a 4" model. Colt through license to Walther in Germany is also making 3 versions of the Colt 1911 in .22LR. A military model, a model with a light rail and a National Match target model. They are all full size. Both the Colt and the Browning have fixed barrels which really helps accuracy.

Found a Browning 1911-22 today at Sportco in Fife. 85% the size of a standard 1911= the thing looks like a toy.
The price tag read $511, so I cant imagine too many will buy when the Sig/GSG 1911-2 is full size and only $350.

I'd take it...if I wash't in Oregon instead of Washington....for a .22, full size seems like overkill...I had a Kimber .45 with Kimber .22 conversion, and it shot like a dream, but that was !,000 worth of gun!

The Browning 1911-22 has a machined 7075 aluminum slide vs. a cast zamak (pot metal) slide on the GSG and others. The Browning looks to be a small, accurate copy of a full size 1911, barrel bushing and all, while the other 1911-ish guns have a fixed barrel. I have now nearly convinced myself to head to Sportco and see if the have the compact model in stock. (all I need is permission from the woman to spend the christmas money on myself, oh well...guess I will put this one on the back burner with all the others)

just saw a picture of the magazine, and it has a serrated grip pad to hold down the follower, best feature yet.

Well, I got one, they seem to be pretty available now....Keith's in Gresham, OR has a few in stock....first impression is that it is really light (1 lb), a little smaller than I'd like, but really a nice gun....shoots extremely accurately, if you can hold it steady...trigger is rough on really slow squeeze, but very smooth on more rapid release - not yank, but real pull vs. extreme target squeeze. May smooth out with use...a real fun gun, really a 1911, just smaller, made really well. Probably worth the money, if that is what you want. It is what I wanted...I'm happy with it.