JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Summarized alerts were removed in the October update. I understand that there is a plan to put them back. Please do.
I thought it was just me 🤷‍♂️. Notifications are all weird. Sometimes get them, sometimes not. I get notifications for threads after my recent activity, but some other threads I'm following stopped notifying me of activity.

I thought it was just me 🤷‍♂️. Notifications are all weird. Sometimes get them, sometimes not. I get notifications for threads after my recent activity, but some other threads I'm following stopped notifying me of activity.
I haven't noticed missing notifications. You might want to create a thread on that. Especially if you have steps to reproduce it.

Edit: Oh, wait, there are a couple of threads that I stopped getting notifications on. Huh.

Yes. Very highly sporadic with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Also the site alerts have been changing with each update. Currently having to clear every single one... even just for a "reacted to your post" alert... is highly annoying.

Edit: Oh, wait, there are a couple of threads that I stopped getting notifications on. Huh.

If you have specific examples of thread notifications not working as expected please open a ticket. It's a very complex/confusing system with lots of options. Most of the time it's a setting, but I'd prefer to make sure.

Also the site alerts have been changing with each update. Currently having to clear every single one... even just for a "reacted to your post" alert... is highly annoying.
You should be able to use the "Mark All Read" buttons/links to do this. If it's not working (or not working how you expect/think it should) please open a ticket.

1701555603307.png

1701555613580.png

1701555622890.png

If you have specific examples of thread notifications not working as expected please open a ticket. It's a very complex/confusing system with lots of options. Most of the time it's a setting, but I'd prefer to make sure.

You should be able to use the "Mark All Read" buttons/links to do this. If it's not working (or not working how you expect/think it should) please open a ticket.

View attachment 1773913

View attachment 1773914

View attachment 1773915
I do see that, and it does work if you navigate to the alerts page (which I very rarely ever do). I was speaking more about the "alert" dropdown on the main pages. It used to autoclear many alert types once viewed.

I investigated a bit more though and was able to find the alert notification settings and turned off all but the most necessary so most never appear. That's dramatically simplified the issue. 👍

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews