JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
Hello NW Firearms members, it looks like the fraudsters are back!! I place a wanted ad for a Century C93 rifle and got a response from a RogerA. He said he was from Spokane but I noticed he joined only back in January. Very few points in the group which was a warning sign. Nw Firearms needs to do a better job filtering out these scammers as I can't be the only one noticing this. Beware!!!

Nw Firearms needs to do a better job filtering out these scammers as I can't be the only one noticing this.
Unfortunately, there's very little we can do proactively, members must report suspicious members in order to investigate. Best way to do that is by viewing hte profile of the suspicious member and clicking the report button. I just happened to see this, and I'm going to look into it now :s0155:

Uhh, I assume (hope) there is more to this "scam" than being a newish member with low posting/feedback count?

I have bought/sold with no problems from/to people who have been here only a few months. Not everyone is a prolific poster or buyer. It takes time to build a rep. Some of the people I have bought from have been here for years and had no feedback in their profile until I gave them some.

Hello NW Firearms members, it looks like the fraudsters are back!! I place a wanted ad for a Century C93 rifle and got a response from a RogerA. He said he was from Spokane but I noticed he joined only back in January. Very few points in the group which was a warning sign. Nw Firearms needs to do a better job filtering out these scammers as I can't be the only one noticing this. Beware!!!
Well, forum safeguards or not, you did what was needed to expose the scammer - and that is the first level of security.

This is the second time scammers have tried this on this forum with me. The first guy was a Nigerian (yes I know!) that actually used a real FFL # as a front. These guys are slick and steal images from Armslist and always ask for a Zelle, Venmo deposit which is a warning sign... Beware!!!

Uhh, I assume (hope) there is more to this "scam" than being a newish member with low posting/feedback count?

I have bought/sold with no problems from/to people who have been here only a few months. Not everyone is a prolific poster or buyer. It takes time to build a rep. Some of the people I have bought from have been here for years and had no feedback in their profile until I gave them some.
Agreed.

Will say, scammers will try to move the conversation away from the forum. Email, a phone number…especially an email address not matching their "real" or screen name.

Ask for additional photos of the gun they're selling with a post it and their username or yours in the photo. Stupid easy for a legit seller. Tough enough that a scammer will leave you alone or start with the excuses as to why they can't. Report them if your spidey senses tingle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top