JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shell casings get cleaned before processing
Tumble in tumblers or vibrators
Crushed walnut shells, tablespoon powdered red rouge added (haven't replaced the media in 30+ years)
Wear cheap cotton gloves (keeps hands clean)
Roll casings on RCBS case lube pad
Decap, resize
Reprime
Charge
Seat bullet
wipe with clean dry rag

Oxygen oxidizes brass
Skin oil corrodes brass

So there aren't any issues with powder/primer contamination when using car soap/wax/polish? No neck tension issues using wax? I use none of these things I'm just asking.

ultra clean brass can cause galling when run through reloading dies.

Yes, this is because of lack of lubrication. This is why I:

1) Wash brass with soap and water then dry it
2) Apply lubricant
3) wash off lubricant
4) Tumble, polish and protect the surface
5) Load it.

The minimal amount of "touching" between the brass and the dies during the loading operation does not cause galling, realistically, if your dies are doing more than just kissing the neck you're doing it wrong.

So there aren't any issues with powder/primer contamination when using car soap/wax/polish? No neck tension issues using wax? I use none of these things I'm just asking.

As long as it's not applied in excess. It only takes a little bit added to the rinse water and then drying it. If it still feels "wet" after application you applied too much. Clean, protected cases should be slippery, but not feel oily or wet.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top