JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the wake of the supreme court ruling trouncing anti-gun nuts, I noticed the brady campaign lists it's founding date as 1974 on Facebook. Didn't the Regan assassination attempt and the causality to Brady happen March 30th, 1981? 7 years later? Why don't they use any logic?

James-Brady-August-2-2006.jpg

I was rather young in those days but I would like someone to fill me in on something?

Why did Reagan (the republican messiah) and Brady promote such a bill?

The obvious would be because they were shot but I just don't understand why they would sell out on their core support groups. The only thing I could think of is they did it was to trade votes to get the massive military spending budgets passed.

Could someone school me on this?

I was rather young in those days but I would like someone to fill me in on something?

Why did Reagan (the republican messiah) and Brady promote such a bill?

The obvious would be because they were shot but I just don't understand why they would sell out on their core support groups. The only thing I could think of is they did it was to trade votes to get the massive military spending budgets passed.

Could someone school me on this?

Jim Brady was President Reagan's Press Secretary. He was shot in the head during an assassination attempt on Reagan, and sustained permanent brain damage. Brady's wife, Sarah, became the anti-handgun poster girl for Handgun Control Inc. President Reagan was pro-gun and had nothing to do with what became the "Brady Bunch".

first you tell me what the **** automatic/semi-automatic weapons had anthing to do with the attempted assasination that left Brady crippled. The weapon used was a 22 revolver. These people are totally out of thier minds and forcing it down Americas throat they should all be sent out of the country as undesirables. Or jailed for commiting crimes against us the citizens of America and our constitution. The thought that the wrong dooing of one person should effect all the population of America is ABSURD. They sure as **** didn't outlaw derringers when President Lincoln was assisinated. Which part of "Shall not be infringed" do they not understand. We as a country have survived everything the world has thrown at us. They know that we can weather anything they throw at us so they seek to destroy the greatest country in the world by funding every un-American faction they can. You might be suprised to know that the Brady camp recieves money from other countries to fight against our constitution. These people want to take away our rights and our country. I say they are the enemy of every free American. Dan

... President Reagan was pro-gun ...

I dunno about that. Wasn't he the fella largely responsible for denying us the right to carry in National Parks? Wasn't he the guy who as governor of California signed the law that forbade the carrying of firearms in vehicles or on one's person anywhere in public?

"I support the Brady Bill and urge Congress to enact it without further delay." Ronald Reagan 3/28/1991

I dunno about that. Wasn't he the fella largely responsible for denying us the right to carry in National Parks? Wasn't he the guy who as governor of California signed the law that forbade the carrying of firearms in vehicles or on one's person anywhere in public?

"I support the Brady Bill and urge Congress to enact it without further delay." Ronald Reagan 3/28/1991

He was an emigma at times but I think he was a strong 2nd amendment supporter for most of his life. I recall a strong pro-gun president but he obviously changed during the final decade of his life. I think this spells it out as well as it can be.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view%26articleid=2024

I found a lot of other references with a Google search that support this article, but your quote is certainly accurate.

In any case, regardless of the Brady Campaign's origins and past, hopefully they have no future and maybe someday the GCA, NFA, etc will go the way of the 18th Amendment

first you tell me what the **** automatic/semi-automatic weapons had anthing to do with the attempted assasination that left Brady crippled. The weapon used was a 22 revolver. These people are totally out of thier minds and forcing it down Americas throat they should all be sent out of the country as undesirables. Or jailed for commiting crimes against us the citizens of America and our constitution. The thought that the wrong dooing of one person should effect all the population of America is ABSURD. They sure as **** didn't outlaw derringers when President Lincoln was assisinated. Which part of "Shall not be infringed" do they not understand. We as a country have survived everything the world has thrown at us. They know that we can weather anything they throw at us so they seek to destroy the greatest country in the world by funding every un-American faction they can. You might be suprised to know that the Brady camp recieves money from other countries to fight against our constitution. These people want to take away our rights and our country. I say they are the enemy of every free American. Dan

The answer is simple. The Assault Weapons Ban was meant to be a stepping stone. First, demonize and take out the evil looking weapons that people would be least likely to fight for. The next step would have been handguns. Who knows after that. What they didn't expect was that the Democrats committed political suicide by signing onto the Brady Bill. The next election cycle, Democrats were ousted. After that, they weren't dumb enough to try again.

Now is a different time. Obama has been able to force unpopular things down the throats of the American public. Progressives have invaded both parties. Make no mistake, if Obama is re-elected gun control will be shoved down our throats just as Obama-care was, and just like cap and trade is getting ready to be. Then again, if Obama is re-elected, I guess we deserve what we get.

The answer isn't a Republican. The answer isn't a Democrat. The answer is a real AMERICAN!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top