JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SOLD
Hello, I have a couple of Black Powder Pistols that I got from my dads estate and I am just not into thses types of firearms (BP) so I would like to sell them and would like a general price that would be fair before I list them. I did do some reaserch online so I have somewhat of an idea but can be a bit all over the place, Thanks for any input...J
Ruger Old Army single-action six-shot revolver 44 cal,( Looks to have been fired )
Colt Black Powder Signature Series 36 cal ( appears to be unfired )

IMG_3054.JPG IMG_3051.JPG

Last Edited:
@young123
As always ....what something sells for at one place in time...ain't always the case anywhere else....

For the Colt...I would say somewhere between $500 and $650.
For the Ruger I would say around $500 - $800.
Any of the above would also depend on the buyer.
Also please note...those values are on the "High Book" kinda side...and not for a quick sale price.
Andy

Last Edited:
@young123
As always ....what something sells for at one place in time...ain't always the case anywhere else....

For the Colt...I would say somewhere between $500 and $650.
For the Ruger I would say around $500 - $800.
Any of the above would also depend on the buyer.
Also please note...those values are on the "High Book" kinda side...and not for a quick sale price.
Andy
Thanks Andy, That is about what I was thinking on price and I know what you mean about place/time, I am just not going to shoot them and no sense in keeping them if someone else would, Thanks...J

@young123
You are very welcome.
I enjoy muzzle loading firearms...and would love to have your Colt.

However...
I am not where I can do that...I am doing layaway payments on an original Plains Rifle circa 1840 -1870....
And the black powder gun show is next month.
Wine , women and song...ain't got nothing on firearms and a man's wallet.... :D
Andy

That Ruger is always on someone's want list. That being said, it ain't " selling season " til about May or June.

If you want full price, better be prepared to wait. At least as far as the local market is concerned.
Thanks Appreciate the comment, I don't really need the money (not rich either) I am just not into BP firearms.At first I figured these we about $300-$400 new and found out diff. with a bit of research, The Colt finish is really nice. ...J

Thanks Appreciate the comment, I don't really need the money (not rich either) I am just not into BP firearms.At first I figured these we about $300-$400 new and found out diff. with a bit of research, The Colt finish is really nice. ...J
I bet the Colt has fans out there. But I know of 3 people who would dive on that Ruger if it was in the LGS counter for $500 ( if it's as nice as it looks from here)

Any caps , powder, leather, etc.? Definitely try getting everything sold in one shot if you can.

I bet the Colt has fans out there. But I know of 3 people who would dive on that Ruger if it was in the LGS counter for $500 ( if it's as nice as it looks from here)

Any caps , powder, leather, etc.? Definitely try getting everything sold in one shot if you can.
I believe my dad only shot it a few times and it is as new, I have caps/balls/Powder/ and possibly a holster, Here is a pic of the powder, Altough shipping would be the issure there, I will get a classified here is a day or two, Thanks...J
SOLD
IMG_3073.JPG

Last Edited:
I bet the Colt has fans out there. But I know of 3 people who would dive on that Ruger if it was in the LGS counter for $500
This right here. I thought about buying one of those Rugers many years ago but didn't. Then when I was thinking about it again a couple of years ago, the things were so darn high I gave up on the idea. I just don't do black powder enough to part with that kind of money.

I believe my dad only shot it a few times and it is as new, I have caps/balls/Powder/ and possibly a holster, Here is a pic of the powder, Altough shipping would be the issure there, I will get a classified here is a day or two, Thanks...J

View attachment 1825793
With black powder going for around $40 a pound...when it can be found...you have some good trading / selling stock there.
Lead round ball also is a good seller...even if the wrong caliber...it can always be melted down and remade into a different caliber.
Andy

From what I can see in the pic's those guns are gorgeous. I picked up a Ruger Old Army last May for under $600 which I thought was priced reasonably well as it's 1980 vintage, pristine, unfired. I look forward to seeing your classified ad on this forum.

My purchase:

Ruger Old Army - L.JPG

Best wishes on your sale!

@young123
March 9/10 at the Enumclaw Expo Center is a large black powder gun show.
Might be able to sell your revolvers there.
Powder too...However...you will have to sell that "out of your trunk " so to speak...since it ain't allowed inside the venue.
Andy

Last Edited:
This right here. I thought about buying one of those Rugers many years ago but didn't. Then when I was thinking about it again a couple of years ago, the things were so darn high I gave up on the idea. I just don't do black powder enough to part with that kind of money.

@young123
March 9/10 at the Enumclaw Expo Center is a large black powder gun show.
Might be able to sell your revolvers there.
Powder too...However...you will have to sell that "out of your trunk " so to speak...since it ain't allowed inside the venue.
Andy
Thanks Andy, Appreciate the advice....J

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top