JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any current production lever action rifles with a box or rotary magazine (rather than tubular) other than the Browning BLR and Henry Long Ranger?

What do you think of these?

I have a BLR on 7mm-08. I got it because I really liked my father's BLR in ,243, which was an older model made in Belgium. Mine mas made in Japan. I was quite disappointed with the crappy trigger, considering the price. I guess if I had gotten it in .358 Win, I wouldn't mind the terrible trigger as much.

Other than the trigger, it is smooth and easy to shoot, albeit not as accurate for me as I like. I have the straight stock model, and have never tried a pistol grip one.

A 6.5 pound BLR in 7mm-08 sounds like a handy rifle to me. I agree that the box magazine lever guns have a different aesthetic (not as beautiful), but they seem more practical using more modern cartridges. The Winchester 1895 is better looking to me, but fewer cartridge choices and they weigh 8 pounds. I have a Winchester m94 in 30-30 which I will keep, but I think I'd use a 7mm-08 more.

Just one of those itches I've wanted to scratch for some time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top