JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any current production lever action rifles with a box or rotary magazine (rather than tubular) other than the Browning BLR and Henry Long Ranger?

What do you think of these?

I have a BLR on 7mm-08. I got it because I really liked my father's BLR in ,243, which was an older model made in Belgium. Mine mas made in Japan. I was quite disappointed with the crappy trigger, considering the price. I guess if I had gotten it in .358 Win, I wouldn't mind the terrible trigger as much.

Other than the trigger, it is smooth and easy to shoot, albeit not as accurate for me as I like. I have the straight stock model, and have never tried a pistol grip one.

A 6.5 pound BLR in 7mm-08 sounds like a handy rifle to me. I agree that the box magazine lever guns have a different aesthetic (not as beautiful), but they seem more practical using more modern cartridges. The Winchester 1895 is better looking to me, but fewer cartridge choices and they weigh 8 pounds. I have a Winchester m94 in 30-30 which I will keep, but I think I'd use a 7mm-08 more.

Just one of those itches I've wanted to scratch for some time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top