JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll first thank Lesliet for making me aware of this site. I'm the match director for EEGC's bowling pin shoots, so if he doesn't mind, I'll save him the trouble of being the go-between.

The EEGC matches are open to the public. They aren't "matches" in the traditional competitive sense. There is no elimination, and you don't shoot head to head. Yes, scores are kept, but just so people can compare themselves to their past performance.

I'm going to save a bunch of typing, and copy and paste (and maybe edit) parts of the e-mail I sent to Lesliet:

Our normal course of fire is four pins at 15 yards, six shots maximum. Once a pin is knocked over it's unshootable (too many hit the tables trying to shoot the pin laying on its side). And there's no benefit to it. Our scoring method is 2 points for off the table, 1 point for over but not off, and 1 point per round left after all are off or over. Extra rounds (after off or over) can be fired at steel plates at 30 and 40 yards out, set up back between the tables, or a swinging bowling pin back at 60 yards. No extra points earned - just bragging rights, as hitting a 6" plate at 30, or an 8" plate at 40 yards with a handgun is a sign of some skill. And the pin at 60 is that much harder, and so even more brag-worthy.

We start around 10:15 or so, to allow public shooters time to arrive (the gate is closed till 10). Arrival after 10ish is fine, if one's schedule requires a delay. Cost is $5, and you can shoot as many times as you have ammo or time for (recognizing that we take turns on three tables). It's not uncommon for someone to shoot 14-16 tables. All calibers from rimfire up to and including .44 Mag or .45 Colt are allowed, excluding those that started out as a centerfire rifle round. Realistically, that only really excludes a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine or an AR pattern handgun in .223/5.56 or similar. AR pattern handguns in 9mm are fine. This limitation is due to the particular range we use, though I imagine a .223 would probably tear up a bowling pin rather more than we would prefer.

I mentioned above our normal course of fire, which is correct for all but one event each year. The one exception will be this coming Sunday, August 7th, which is a rimfire only match with the pins at 50 yards. Most people use rifles, but a few will shoot it with handguns as well. This is the only bowling pin match where rifles are allowed.

The matches are open to the public, but if you haven't been to our range before, we ask that you arrive a few minutes early to complete our waiver form and watch a 3 minute safety video. Just tell the range master on duty at the clubhouse that you're there for the bowling pin shoot but you need to watch the video first and fill out the form (said form is available on our website to print and bring with you).

I'll try to be there this Sunday, presumably only standing (no bench), will slings be allowed? Guess I should blow the dust off of the Savage. I'll donate a couple coffee cups as prizes. Should be fun!

Man, that sounds awesome. Sadly my 10/22 needs to take a trip to the gunsmith, so I don't have anything that would work for this weekend. I'll keep an eye out though for the next one! I'm a crap shot w/ a pistol, but theres only one way to improve that.

I'll try to be there this Sunday, presumably only standing (no bench), will slings be allowed? Guess I should blow the dust off of the Savage. I'll donate a couple coffee cups as prizes. Should be fun!
Standing, sitting, kneeling, don't care. Scope, irons, red dot, peep, whatever.

Slings? I don't know, Mike. That might give you an unfair advantage.

Pfff. Kidding! Slings are fine.

Standing, sitting, kneeling, don't care. Scope, irons, red dot, peep, whatever.

Slings? I don't know, Mike. That might give you an unfair advantage.

Pfff. Kidding! Slings are fine.
<trash talk on> some would say me just showing up gives me an unfair advantage. <trash talk off>
Hope to see you Sunday Steve. 👍

Looking forward to the EEGC pin match on the 27th, hope to see you all there! ( I'm more of a handgun enthusiast than rifle, so I'll have to take a "miss" for this Sunday. )

@cpaspr , thanks for posting up the info!

Looking forward to the EEGC pin match on the 27th, hope to see you all there! ( I'm more of a handgun enthusiast than rifle, so I'll have to take a "miss" for this Sunday. )

@cpaspr , thanks for posting up the info!
I shoot pistols mostly as well, but see this as a chance to do something different for a change. I'll try to make the pins on the 27th but it's doubtful, it's too close to the start of gun show season for me to do anything more than make ammo.

Thanks for for posting about EEGC. We try real hard to provide a nice range. We (about 10-15% of the membership) are all volunteers. Dedicated, we serve.....

Just a reminder, the next to last EEGC bowling pin shoot of the year is next Sunday, September 18th. 10ish - 2, $5. All handgun calibers up to and including .44 Mag or .45 Colt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top