JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The money spent on those ingredients could be used towards buying better bourbon.....

This is gonna sound terrible, but Kirkland bourbon wasn't half bad ( bought some in Hawaii a few years ago )...I would guess it's a Beam product...

Normally for me, I will rotate through Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace and Makers...granted, a 5th lasts me the better part of a year anymore....I love the "small batch" Beam products ( Bookers, Bakers, ect ), but I'd need to take out a second mortgage to buy that stuff nowadays... :)

Ummmmmmm bourbon...... 23yr Pappys.....got 1 swig left.....time will only tell when it goes down my drain and into my tummy......gotta be a special day when it does though.................QUIT MAKING ME THINK OF IT!!!!!!:mad:;):):(

idk why i just always thought buffalo trace tasted like it had a weird spice in it. its been a while but i've just never been a fan.

im no whiskey snob nor do i have the best taste buds but, i would for sure drink it if someone poured me a finger or two though.

i have drank whiskey that was 6 dollars a bottle up to 1000 dollars a bottle. makers mark, basil hayden, turkey 101, pendleton, crown, and 8 seconds straight or on ice are my favorite. black velvet with diet pepsi or coke is my go to mix drink with whiskey.

my father in law makes barcardi gold and diet pepsi daily. i've come to like those too.

When I was in kentucky my brother in law was a physical therapist. He had a contract with an old folks home there, one of his patients had a prescription for a shot if bourbon a day.
Only in KY.

The main brewery there also had a bourbon barrel ale. It was there beer aged in used boubon barrels. It was strong but pretty good.

When I was in kentucky my brother in law was a physical therapist. He had a contract with an old folks home there, one of his patients had a prescription for a shot if bourbon a day.
Only in KY.

The main brewery there also had a bourbon barrel ale. It was there beer aged in used boubon barrels. It was strong but pretty good.
a lot of these tap houses now days have bourbon barrel beers that rotate in and out. i tried some about a month ago. it would have been a good beer with a steak.

When I went off to college I bought scotch because our family was a scotch family. I learned recently that the reason for that was during prohibition, all the whiskey got drunk and none was left come WW2 - none aged enough and in quantity enough.
So of course I got the best scotch, Cutty Sark. Which is um, how to say this, um, bad.
Went away from that.
Wanted to like Bourbon, I really did. The name sounds so rich. All I have ever tried has been, not pleasant.
Whiskey, like Jack. Again, I can't afford $100/bottle so not good.
I ended up drinking blended Canadian - Crown Royal, R&R, etc, and enjoyed that mostly.
I really liked Pendleton the first time I had it, then what I heard is they changed the blend and it has gone to the rough side rather than the smooth direction.

Only over the past summer have I tried Johnnie Walker. JW Red is 10% of the world whiskey market. Since there are like 1000 different labels that is an amazing percentage.
I have had the Black and given gifts of the Double Black. I have yet to try the Green and I haven't found the pennies between the sofa cushions to afford some Blue Label:
( Johnnie Walker Blue Anniversary, 60% Price: $3,500.00 )
Jwalk.jpg

I am not one who wants to blend whiskey with something like coke. Nor do I want a burn
( Toby Keith - Whiskey Girl )

I hear @Unka-Boo, don't spend $ for additives, just buy better.

Currently, on my McDonalds budget, I am a red label drinker.

http://whiskyadvocate.com/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads