JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Taurus 605 Snubbie, but that is really not a 'fun shooter', my '68 Blackhawk is enjoyable, but I wanted more. I bought a blued 6 inch Ruger GP100 which seems to be what I would like (Well I cannot afford a Python) and this seems like it will work. It was new $510.

I bought one in 86 or so, right after they were introduced. Im sure you will enjoy it. Comfortable enough to shoot hot 158gr JHP all day. Accurate and strong. A bit bulky for CC but a damn nice OC or house gun.

Nice gun! Almost bought a 4" stainless GP100, but it was $600. Ended up getting nice used stainless S&W Model 66-7 instead for $550. You got a good price there it looks like!

Due to my age there was a time when Pythons were on the shelf and not much more money than their competition. So I was able to shoot many Pythons and they are nice. I during that time bought a Ruger Security Six and still have it and it is my go to gun ,don't know why but I like it and it has taken a licking shooting thousands of hot magnum reloads and well as many thousands and thosands of hot +p type 38 reloads and even many more thousands of plain 38 reloads. I would say you made a great choice

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top