JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bolt action AR15 rifles...?
Of course...firearms companies want to make money...its just another product to sell.
Do I think that the bans , restrictions and laws that make such a rifle necessary to own absurd....?
Absolutely....!
Andy

This ^^^
Ask @tac what a UK AR looks like.

This is the Southern Gun Company's lever release version of an AR in .308Win - the downside is the $5000 or so it costs, bare.

There are also a number of others making a straight-pull/MANOP version in just about any calibre you care to mention, just like you do over in the USA. See Lantac -

LanTac :: Straight Pull AR15 Rifles in .223/5.56mm Caliber. Side Charging Custom Guns.

Basically we can have any kind of 'black rifle' so long as it has been made specifically for the yUK market as a straight-pull action - left or right, or left, in the case of an AR, by T-piece cocking. They might look as though they have the gas system, but it is solid metal. Moreover, the internal design of the rails, sear and trigger, and a few other details, means that it is impossible to convert to semi-auto, given the lack of any gas system too. So Garands, FALs, AKs, Dragunovs et al that are MADE for the yUK market are fine. Conversions FROM original semi-autos are not permitted under any circimstances, unless you are a Section 5 [Prohibited firearm] dealer - you'd call him a class 3 FFL. They cannot sell ANY kind of semi-auto centrefire rifle to a yUK civilian citizen.

We can also have any kind of semi-auto .22cal look-alike, or course. Most people have one or two - I have none at all, but I'd like that spiffy German Stg44 - I've got a scope and mounts for one of tyhe originals...

PS - the miserable-sounding old f*rt in the Youtube movie is Pete Moore, editor of Gun Mart. He's a total drag, and ten minutes of listening to him is enough to make me go looking for a kerbstone to grind my throat open. I sincerely hope that nobody here thinks I sound even the slightest bit like him. Mountain Bear can tell you, i guess.

If you can bear to watch, this is old pal Callum from the now-defunct Youtube channel 'english shooting' trying his best to explain about semi-auto rifles in the yUK - please note that his channel was hounded off, and that he himself was subjected to a police investigation AND had his firearms certificate suspended pending the investigations into the likelihood that he was aiding and abettting domestic terrorism with his useful and informative videos. He made his last video as a truly cringe-worthy apology for daring to speak up about the s**tty end of the stick that LEGAL gun-ownershipyUK were getting from the authorities.

Watch and make up your own minds -

We can have .50cal BMG, but only manually operated. A recent effort by a number of people in the fringes of government to get them banned on account they could be used to shoot down a helicopter - as in one occasion in Northern Ireland - turned bad. The reason was that the gun used to shoot at the chopper, and also used by the so-called 'Armagh sniper' was illegal. All of ours are legally-owned. The effort to get them banned was a total waste of tax-payers' money. BTW, the Barrett 'light fifty' used to kill a number of members of the security forces in Northern Ireland was bought and paid for by a quorum of well-intentioned citizens on the East coast of the USA, who thought that the IRA was actually part of the Armed forces of the Republic of Ireland, rather than a bunch of murdering thugs. The 'sniper' was actually at least three shooters, none of whom could be described as a sniper by anybody who knows what a sniper is]. One of them was identified as a former US Marine.

I see a lot of you guys asking why.

For me I don't care if it is useless I've always thought it could be done and using original equipment like regular AR15 barrels and barrel extensions.

Lots of folks own different things, their own reasons for why are their reasons.

My reasons for this is I own AR magazines, I own AR components, I like bolt actions. A combination of those would be cool especially if all it was was a upper swap.

Thanks for the links to those that posted them.

'Necessity is the mother of invention'.

As a result the yUK has the world's only NEED to have manually operated guns that LOOK like they are semi-autos. And cartridge-firing handguns that only a mother could love - in mainland yUK, that is.

I see a lot of you guys asking why.

For me I don't care if it is useless I've always thought it could be done and using original equipment like regular AR15 barrels and barrel extensions.

Lots of folks own different things, their own reasons for why are their reasons.

My reasons for this is I own AR magazines, I own AR components, I like bolt actions. A combination of those would be cool especially if all it was was a upper swap.

Thanks for the links to those that posted them.

They've been around for a while now. And I like them too.

I could see it being good for supressed shooting plus there are no 80% bolt actions as far as I know.
Yeah. I could see this being good for suppressed shooting. I don't run my .223 can on any ARs because I hate how much gas and gunk gets blown back into the action. I got a Ruger Ranch 5.56 as a suppressor host. Pretty cool how it uses AR mags and good suppressor host on the cheap.

Well, we have them over here because it's the only way that the yUK shooter can have anything centre-fire rifle or carbine that looks like the real deal. Nobody else in the civilised world has to put up with such a ludicrous and costly imposition to to our legal shooting sports, given that we have all kinds of checks to suffer, and hoops to jump through, to get the PTB to reluctantly admit that we might just be fit people to own a firearm.

I'be betting that if you had to pay over $5000 for a replication of the British Army's LMT 'designated marksman rifle' - even $4000 in .22 rimfire - you wouldn't be half as interested.

I don't have any of the warts on the face of legal shooting - to me it makes as much sense as having a muzzle-loading Garand.

I am surprised the lever release version is allowed.
Technically isn't it is a semi-auto with a spring loaded, thumb operated safety?
Maybe I am missing something.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews