JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am surprised the lever release version is allowed.
Technically isn't it is a semi-auto with a spring loaded, thumb operated safety?
Maybe I am missing something.

Nossir. The mechanism has been specifically designed as a single-shot. As the breech-block comes to the rear, ejecting the spent case, it is locked into position by the trigger sear. Only releasing it by means of the physical motion of intercepting piece allows it to go forward. The internal mechanism is so drastically different, with regard to the principal dimensions between the rails, and actual positioning of the internals, that it would be quite impossible to 'convert'. In any case, why would a criminal want to go to all that trouble, when he has the choice of every illegal firearm he could possibly want?

You have to remember, too, that even over here these guns a passing rare - at around $6000 -7000 a pop, I'm not surprised.

Once the dust settles on all this antigun legislation, that may be the only thing one can get.
I like to shoot bolt action guns. They are easier accurize than semi-autos and they rarely jam when fed good ammo. When you listen to tales of battles in places like Iraq and Afganistan you often hear about how snipers changed the tide of a battle, not how many rounds were put down range by other soldiers. It would do all of us good to look into shooting 600 yard matches and hone our precision rifle shooting skills. If a bolt action rifle, even a single shot is all I can get, I will make every round count.

Is it 5.56? Why would anyone need a cartridge that was meant for a battlefield? Ask trauma docs the carnage this insanely powerful cartridge causes.:rolleyes:
Clearly you know nothing about the 5.56 cartridge. Compared to most other cartridges it is a pip-squeek. Any of my hunting rifles shoot a more powerful cartridge.

@best defense
The post by slimer13 was sarcasm....Not to be taken seriously...the eye rolling emoji is a good indicator of this.

That said....
The 5.56 is a very effective cartridge in combat...I have seen what it can do to a human and have even been on the receiving end of it ( well near enough to be hit by dirt, rocks and wood debris , from the bullets )
Granted it is no .30-06...
Andy

@best defense
The post by slimer13 was sarcasm....Not to be taken seriously...the eye rolling emoji is a good indicator of this.

That said....
The 5.56 is a very effective cartridge in combat...I have seen what it can do to a human and have even been on the receiving end of it ( well near enough to be hit by dirt, rocks and wood debris , from the bullets )
Andy

Uh yeah. They always bring out some "experts" after a mass shooting using an AR that tell the Ill informed that it is basically just under tactical nuclear weapons in deadliness.

@best defense

That said....
Andy
@best defense

That said....
Andy
Sorry Andy, I can't read emoji and as far as I am concerned there is no room for scarsam regarding ballastics.

When you're own thread gets hijacked but the back and forth is more interesting than your original topic.

:s0093:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top