JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all, been wondering about some of your pet loads for a bolt action 30-30. I am currently using 130 Sierra pro hunters with 34.5 grains of imr 3031. Was using leverevoution at 38 gr. Great powder by the way if any of you haven't tried it yet. It's a hot powder, burns super clean. Ran some old round nose loads to get rid of them.... Wanted the brass..... Then ran some loads using my leverevoution. It cleaned up really well.

IMG_20180506_085533.jpg

No real input save that that's a nice rifle!
And 130 seems to be a good weight to me.
I think it's Federal that makes a heap of 130gr 30-06 and .308 loads just for the Australia market.

I can't offer any loading advice for 30-30.

However I'll comment on your rifle.

Freaking cool!

I love unique guns like yours, where traditionally 30-30 is a lever gun cartridge, but in this case a bolt action.

Just plain cool.

Makes me want to look into finding one. I bet you could throw a 9mm suppressor out front and load subs for a hell of a cool package.

I've always liked these guns my self.

That article is ok to read. The author drones on. But also gives alot of good info.

You can find one in pawnshops, and on gun broker, let alone on this website. I paid 135 out the door for this one.

Best part is I can load pointed bullets.
Pictured below is the 130 gr Sierra Pro Hunter.

1525895232716.jpg

I've always liked these guns my self.

That article is ok to read. The author drones on. But also gives alot of good info.

You can find one in pawnshops, and on gun broker, let alone on this website. I paid 135 out the door for this one.

Best part is I can load pointed bullets.
Pictured below is the 130 gr Sierra Pro Hunter.

View attachment 458521
Well I have all the stuff to load 30-30 but haven't really stepped into it much. This rifle would be great for heavy 30 cal bullets.

Like a hillbilly 300 blackout!

There's been a couple of Bolt Guns chambered for the .30-30 Winchester over the years. Had one with the Sears & Sawbuck name on it for a while. I ran into the same issue of the magazine length being the limiting factor. :):):)

Don't own a bolt but I have three 30-30 levers and I am currently loading 12 grains of Unique with the 100 grain Speer 'Plinker' bullets. Chronos at around 1700 FPS, almost no recoil, low report and super accurate.

Not a pointed bullet but I am a big fan of the Sierra 125gr HP FP I use them in my tube fed 30-30's my Rugar Blackhawk in 30 carbine and in my M1 carbine.

I honestly would like to stay with the spitzers or spire points. Mainly because I am not confined to a tube fed firearm. I really like the heavier 150's but they're too long for for my box magazine. While I have considered going back to round nosed and flat points, I'd like to stay with the direction I'm going.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top