JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Back in October my home was burglarized and being such an infrequent user of this forum, I didn't think to post here at the time. Multiple firearms were stolen. This took place in the Lakeridge neighborhood of Seattle. If you come across any of them, please notify the King County Sheriff's office. 206-477-2200. Thank you.

Glock 17 Gen 3 THN11q It has a large mag release button and extended slide release. Standard Glock sights and Glock plug. It hadn't been cleaned either after 200-300 rounds. They left the Glock box. It had three mags with ball and JHP and a double mag carrier. The pistol was in a bladtech holster.

HK45 HKU-006059 LEM trigger. Glow in the dark sights. They left the Hk box. It had three mags loaded with Federal JHP and a double mag carrier. The pistol was in a bladtech holster.

(1) spikes AR SAR22700 magpul rear sights. BCM complete upper with magpul forearm and BCM bolt carrier group. Magpul grip. Zombie Rollmark. Magpul stock. Magpul sling

(1) spikes AR SS-001118 magpul rear sight. Troy industries railed forearm. A2 grip. Regular collapsing stock. CMMG Barrel

(1) Rguns AR KMA06213 bronze colored with MI sights. A VERY obvious blind pin weld. BCM 14.5" barrel, BCM gas block. Free Float railed forearm. Vickers bungee type sling. Vortex flash hider.

Aero Lower USA04073 and upper. had pistol buffer tube. matte black.

Anderson mfg lower didn't get the serial number. It was in a plastic bag

Remington 597 B2742767 Blue laminate stock with a old rimfire scope

Remington 572 166271Q The screw in the receiver is particularly jagged

Remington Gamemaster .30-06 366135 it has ramp style rear sight which is not correct for this rifle. No attachment points for a sling.

Remington sportsman 58 29594V It has a poly choke
Extra skeet barrel for the sportsman 58

There would have been a bright yellow Otter box with ammo in it as well and another bright yellow Otter box filled with AR 30rd mags.

Also in the safe were a couple thousand rounds of ammo, ID credentials, precious metals, credit cards.

Sorry to hear about it. I'll definitely be looking. Do you mind sharing what kind of safe they got into? I'm in the market, and don't want to get one that's at risk.

Thank you, and I hope you find the rotten SOB's.

Sorry to hear about it. I'll definitely be looking. Do you mind sharing what kind of safe they got into? I'm in the market, and don't want to get one that's at risk.

Thank you, and I hope you find the rotten SOB's.

Like pdempsey I would also like to know how they got into the safe. Hopefully your bad experience can help out others. Sorry bout your guns man, that really really blows...

Thank you. I'm still hoping for the best. Being in a rental home, I didn't ask the property owners of I could bolt the safe to the floor and the thieves were able to carry it out the front door. It was found the next day in a public park less than a half mile from my home. It was a Stackon brand safe. Do your self a favor and spend all the money you can and more on a a quality safe. I didn't know I had a cheap POS. The locking mechanism and bolts still worked but they just pried it right open and the steel gave way. I spent about the price of a mid grade AR on a replacement safe from Liberty that is bolted down.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432617093.484485.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432616946.320812.jpg

Sorry for you I was robbed 2 years ago lost some guns too, I truly HATE THIEVES and DRUGGIES hope
they get what they deserve not the catch and release the court system gives them , they are the SCUM BAG
CANCER of Society.....:s0003:

Sorry about your loss.:(:mad:
HOPEFULLY insurance will help defer your $$ loss.:)

Thanks for posting that safe info for everyone.:D

Reinforces why I paid $4500.00 for my 1100# + safe. :D

For a good vid on safes, go to; roguesafe.com:cool:

Then ask yourself if a Liberty safe was really the right choice (I know, $$$ does come in to play) :D

That's really bad for you, and I sympathise enormously. I, too, wish long and painful deaths on these scumbags POS thieves - of any kind.

As you know, here in yUK we are required by the law to keep all our firearms in secure accommodations - ie, gun-safes - when not in use. This is non-negotiable and even before you are granted your FAC - a kind of gun license - the Firearms Enquiries officer has come around to your home and inspected your gun cabinet.

He will see that it is bolted using a minimum of four large anchor bolts - as large as can be installed by a domestic handyman - through the back and into a solid brick INTERNAL wall, and also into the floor - by anchor bolts if the floor is concrete [usual here] or by enormous one-way screws, if wood. He will also note that the hinge side of the door is located in an inaccessible corner, so that no wrecking bar can be inserted into it. Hinges are deeply inset in the design, locks are seven lever, if not combination type and construction of the safe is detailed in a set of British Standards Institute security furniture specs.

No gun safes are sold that do not conform in every respect. He will also make sure that the keys are not accessible to anybody else but the gun owner. My primary key is held inside an ex-DoD combination keybox in a hidden location. Our lawyer has the combination in a sealed envelope, but nobody but me knows it.

We do all we can to prevent anybody getting at our guns - our house has a well-specced high-grade monitored alarm system, too, and, of course, this being UK, only one person in our street knows that I'm a shooter....

tac

I also rent and have been thinking of how to secure my safe. I need a second safe so I'm thinking of buying a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate that both safes can sit on side by side. The. Bolting both safes to the plate. I may need to cut a piece of plywood too to the bolt heads aren't sitting on the floor. But I think it would be much harder to move two safes bolted together than just one.

Bonus: room for more guns.
Feel free to use the idea or make it better. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone.

Callidus98, how about half inch plate and recessing the head on a splined shank bolt? Similar to wheel studs...bolt protrudes through safe's feet and is secured by a polylock nut...or jam nutted to a standard nut. This would leave the bottom flat...

I rent as well and unfortunately the floor in this complex won't hold a decent safe. I do what I can...

That's an interesting idea, bolting multiple safes together onto a steel plate. You could easily make an assembly that's too big to fit through the door! You'd just need the right kind of carriage-head bolts that can't be removed from the bottom side of the plate.

Those tin-can Stack-On "safes" are good for one thing and one thing only: decoys. Fill it with bricks, and maybe include a rude note.

You wouldn't even have to bolt two safes together. Two bars that are wider than the door bolted to the safe bottom would suffice. The wider base would make it impossible for people to tip over when filled and wont fit through a door. Two half inch thick by three inch wide plates counterbored with splined bolts from the bottom, wouldn't be removable. Any more the safe is only a deterrent anyway. If someone really wants in, they will find a way. The idea is to make it less lucrative.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top