JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just had one of these delivered and so far have been extremely impressed. I was able to load and unload five moon clips in less time than I would be able to only load one the manual way. It's a little expensive $100 shipped but worth every penny after loading the clips the old way. It looks to be very durable and will last a long time. Now, I just need more moon clips and a storage container, oh, and more ammo too!

I took it to the range the other day and used it. I'm willing to bet I could unload and reload faster than just loading a magazine! As far as reloads, it's a push between swapping out a mag or moon clip, unless your name is Jerry

Moon Clip tool
I've just about worn my original version of this otherwise fine device out. I had multiple mandrels as well. The newer 2-hole deloading feature is welcome.

Additional comment: my old mooner predates the era of 'choice of moon clip dimensional size' for different brass mfgs. While not such a big issue with the 6-hole, it's something to be considered with the 8-hole. Every little wiggle is magnified at insertion into the cylinder.
My original lot of 8-hole clips is verging on 'sloppy' and require more time/care. Next new brass Order will coordinate with the now-available new-clip measurement. Considerably more expensive now days, running $3+ apiece. I think I got a lot of 50 about 10-12 years ago, for under $1 apiece. And RIMZ is a good choice as well for 6 holers, without needed a loading tool.

The loading 8-shot moon clips is seriously easier on the BMT.
I still load the 6-hole moon clips on the Mooner style.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads