JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just had one of these delivered and so far have been extremely impressed. I was able to load and unload five moon clips in less time than I would be able to only load one the manual way. It's a little expensive $100 shipped but worth every penny after loading the clips the old way. It looks to be very durable and will last a long time. Now, I just need more moon clips and a storage container, oh, and more ammo too!

I took it to the range the other day and used it. I'm willing to bet I could unload and reload faster than just loading a magazine! As far as reloads, it's a push between swapping out a mag or moon clip, unless your name is Jerry

Moon Clip tool
I've just about worn my original version of this otherwise fine device out. I had multiple mandrels as well. The newer 2-hole deloading feature is welcome.

Additional comment: my old mooner predates the era of 'choice of moon clip dimensional size' for different brass mfgs. While not such a big issue with the 6-hole, it's something to be considered with the 8-hole. Every little wiggle is magnified at insertion into the cylinder.
My original lot of 8-hole clips is verging on 'sloppy' and require more time/care. Next new brass Order will coordinate with the now-available new-clip measurement. Considerably more expensive now days, running $3+ apiece. I think I got a lot of 50 about 10-12 years ago, for under $1 apiece. And RIMZ is a good choice as well for 6 holers, without needed a loading tool.

The loading 8-shot moon clips is seriously easier on the BMT.
I still load the 6-hole moon clips on the Mooner style.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top