JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check out this invention from a man in Tacoma, WA:

Blam! Man fed up with package thieves uses, sells booby-trapped box that sends crooks running

Guy was tired of packages being stolen off his front porch.
He set up a bait package with fishing line and 12 gauge shotgun blanks rigged to fire if the package was picked up.
The surveillance footage is pretty funny of would-be-thieves running after the package goes off.
Glad to see American creativity and ingenuity at work.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last Edited:
I love Capitalism and American Ingenuity!

I think bear traps are a better because you know they ain't coming back unless they get a prosthetic foot....:p
This gives me an idea! Load the box with nonpersistant bear spray!
I don't know if such a thing exists, but you probably wouldn't want to put bear spray all over your porch if it wasn't going to evaporate in a few hours. I might order one for my dad, since that's more of a problem for him than it is for me.

George Hayduke once published directions for a fun little box he called a LURD: "Long-range Urine Release Device."

Basically, this box had four razor blades behind guards in the bottom, and a big bag of liquid excreta. When the top was lifted, it would lift the blades past the guards, cut the bag open, and hosedown everything underneath.

Too bad Paladin Press is closing for good this month if they haven't already... Hayduke's other publisher folded long ago. :(

I would prefer a box that would release skunk spray when disturbed. It would need a very reliable safety device for placement and retrieval! :eek:
I see no reason why a LURD couldn't be done with different liquid payload... no need to worry about retrieval.

Though I'd personally like one that adds Mace and visible no-wash-off dye marker into the mix...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top