JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys just purchased a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with the factory nDLC coating. I hear it wears quickly does anyone know of any companies in Washington that do Black Nitride coating?
I think there is a misconception about "wearing quickly". It does have a tendency to "show" light abrasions more easily, but is actually more abrasive resistant and much harder finish than nitride. More a case of... "shows more" (aesthetically), but actually "wears" much better than nitride. Nitride mars pretty easily, but visually it's not as obvious unless it hits the light just right.. and oiling the surface tends to hide the blemishes.

The nDLC would have to be stripped completely before you could nitride it. I can't imagine the cost would be practical for an inferior finish, though.

If I was going to do anything... I would probably cerakote over stripping and nitriding. YMMV

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top