JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like any investment ya got to know when to buy and when to sell. If you invested 30 days ago you have over doubled your investment. Just saying.

What is interesting about people is they all want in while something goes up but don' think about what happens when it goes down. Those folks that bought into gold on the rise are looking at it down from $1,800 to $1300 but at least they have the gold in their hands. There was a time that the price of gold didnt move much for 20 years. When bitcoin drops from whatever high it reaches who will be there to buy it as it falls, the speculator. However for the money spent they will have nothing physical to show for bitcoin itself.
YEP! That is why to me this bitcoin is the ultimate in high risk. Gold, silver and such unless you somehow lose it would sell for something. This can literally go to zero. All this hype though will have too many people throw money at it that they can't afford to lose. Sad but as I say adults have to be allowed to make adult decisions.

YEP! That is why to me this bitcoin is the ultimate in high risk. Gold, silver and such unless you somehow lose it would sell for something. This can literally go to zero. All this hype though will have too many people throw money at it that they can't afford to lose. Sad but as I say adults have to be allowed to make adult decisions.

That could be said for every stock, bond ect. Very few investments can't go to zero.

That could be said for every stock, bond ect. Very few investments can't go to zero.
You bet they can. I didn't mean to imply that stock was not also a risk. That market also of course has risk. Main difference is the risk is more calculable. Different ones have different levels of risk but all of it can and has crashed. What I mean is since bitcoin exploded like this I am sure a lot of people who don't know much, read the hype and jump in. With a lot more than they can afford to lose. Last time I was looking at it the first thing I saw was how this has spawned a lot of new places making money off this. Places that sell "better wallets" and "better ways" to secure your investment, and of course exchanges that make money off the use and the buy and sell. They of course make money no matter what happens. No doubt some of them do all they can to feed the hype on this since they are making money no mater what happens.

What I think of when I look,at bitcoin is Bernie Maddoff, he sold investment lies and robbed the investors for the biggest ever ripoff. By the looks of bitcoin you are useing your dollars to invest in the bitcoin bank that has nothing behind it for backing. Like the Bernie run if they have to pay out where do they get real dollars? Is there some billions in cash somewhere if everyone wanted out? Get rich quick or ponzie schemes tend to make more losers than winners but they draw folks in by having winners.

It' why I never get rich, I don' trust people.

There was a link on msn today that people were pulling seconds on their homes and investing it in this bitcoin bulls*it. That is the ultimate in stupidity.

Anybody recall the dot com run up and bust in 2001 ?? All the IPO's that were going on ?? I know a couple of guys that played that game. Both made 100K at their jobs at the time and rolled that way for a while. I admit to playing a couple of plays then, made a little money but did not have the balls (or the money) for the 50K to 100K rolls these guys were making. When it crashed they got out, one lost 60K because he was not smart enough to take some of the proceeds out and put them in more secure vehicles. The other lost 25K because he limited his exposure a bit better.

I am not in this game to lose ANY money. The bitcoin may make some people some money, but when you leverage an asset like a mortgage on a snake oil investment, nothing good will ever come out of that.

I get a wave of a anxiety every time this thread gets to the top of the "new" list. I'm on the fence with bitcoin.
My buddy did a small test investment last week and made a 50% profit in 1 week. Then put several thousand in and feels really good about it... I'm super intrigued, but terrified that i'm going to miss a lingering opertunity, and equally terrified that I already did...and I'll lose a bunch of money. Usually by the time everybody starts talking about it... it's too late.
:s0008:

I get a wave of a anxiety every time this thread gets to the top of the "new" list. I'm on the fence with bitcoin.
My buddy did a small test investment last week and made a 50% profit in 1 week. Then put several thousand in and feels really good about it... I'm super intrigued, but terrified that i'm going to miss a lingering opertunity, and equally terrified that I already did...and I'll lose a bunch of money. Usually by the time everybody starts talking about it... it's too late.
:s0008:

I have my investments with Edward Jones. They are running some great algorithims on the market, and have made us some great returns in the last 18 months. These are solid companies and producing solid value. Long term investing, adding more to the accounts as we can, means every day we gain more. We have made over $ 10,000 in gains in the last two months.

Your friend made some money and go bit by the greed gain bug. He feels "good" about the thousands he just put in. That is great. To me it is an unproven investment and not worth the risk of losing my entire principle amount. Stop cracking on yourself for being cautious about something that your inner mind is telling you it is a bad deal.

I have my investments with Edward Jones. They are running some great algorithims on the market, and have made us some great returns in the last 18 months. These are solid companies and producing solid value. Long term investing, adding more to the accounts as we can, means every day we gain more. We have made over $ 10,000 in gains in the last two months.

Your friend made some money and go bit by the greed gain bug. He feels "good" about the thousands he just put in. That is great. To me it is an unproven investment and not worth the risk of losing my entire principle amount. Stop cracking on yourself for being cautious about something that your inner mind is telling you it is a bad deal.
I'm thinking while the masses are dumping everything to jump on to bitcoin, I'll buy up some physical gold and silver. maybe I can get it on the cheap from someone selling it for bitcoin.

I'm thinking while the masses are dumping everything to jump on to bitcoin, I'll buy up some physical gold and silver. maybe I can get it on the cheap from someone selling it for bitcoin.

The masses are holding tight on conventional investment strategies and positions. People who are risk takers for the allure of short term huge profits with potential for principle loss are chomping to get it. Of course the ones who are doubling or better will laugh at my bearish nature on such fad investments, and they can laugh at me. I would rather hold or increase my positions in Apple and Google before bitcoin.

I am assuming your comment about picking up gold and silver from people who are dumping it to go to bitcoin was sarcasm. That scenario is frightening at the least and insane at best.

Years ago I had a chance to buy into a stock
.....when it's share value was a less what the subscription to it's magazine was at the time.
I managed to delay my participation, as the broker fee was considerably more than I was willing to spend. The company did quite well for itself since then...

For simple ease of use, coinbase is a good place to start. The transaction fees are a little higher, and they only trade in Bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin.

But it's very easy to set up your account, and then verify your identity. You can link a credit card (higher fees) or a bank account (lower fees). Beware that your bank will possibly charge you a foreign transaction fee.

Research hardware wallets, and cold storage before you buy. You need to keep your coins offline so they cannot be accessed by anyone but yourself.

Be sure to research how to transfer your Bitcoin out to a fiat currency. Have $15k in Bitcoin is great, but you need to transfer it into USD for most of the world to recognize it.

If privacy is your main concern, I would suggest looking into Monero. They have a tumbling transaction that allows you to hide your transactions, they also have a wallet compatible with the Tor browser.
Literally your speaking Greek to me. It sounds like a big giant scam. Have people ever pulled there money out of this investment?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top