JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nothing fancy but I hope he likes it. Basic DPMS upper, 80% lower, lower parts and a 80% arms jig.

7RBSH5u.jpg

How old is he? Old enough to finish a 80% receiver on his own? (I am in my 40's and work with metal for a living and I am a little sketchy about building a 80% lower) :D

I hope he appreciates how great of gift this really is

Good to see that he likes guns.... I have both a real son and a step son and both could care less about guns:eek: Not sure if I should pistol whip both of them or just let them be:D

How old is he? Old enough to finish a 80% receiver on his own? (I am in my 40's and work with metal for a living and I am a little sketchy about building a 80% lower) :D

I hope he appreciates how great of gift this really is

He's 26. Watch the 80% arms jig video. It would be seriously hard to mess it up

Great gift and the idea of buying him a firearm or parts and allowing him to put it together is such a treat. I would love that so much more than just being given a rifle, although I wouldn't be mad : )

I dunno, I am confident I could screw it up. :D

Looks like a pretty good system though.

This one is mine that I did. Not pretty but its functional. Getting the pocket deep enough with a end mill bit on the end of the router was a little difficult. Broke a tooth off the end mill. And drilling the hole for the trigger wasnt well designed and had to be finished with a dremel. But its definitely better than the 80% poly lower I did.

87fsrLP.jpg

Well, no offense intended but that's what I am trying to avoid. I want it to look factory crisp or I won't be a happy camper. I am worried about doing it in my mill because the bearings have a bit of slop and it might chatter a bit. I am a blacksmith, not a machinest even though I have a few machine tools. The rule of thumb as a blacksmith is if your not happy with how it looks keep hitting it with a hammer until you are. Probably not the right approach for these

Yeah, not going to be perfect using a hand held router as a milling machine. I'd only recommend this for someone who has some basic shop experience and is happy with the process rather than the finished result. Just a fun way to spend a few hours in the shop.

Yeah, not going to be perfect using a hand held router as a milling machine. I'd only recommend this for someone who has some basic shop experience and is happy with the process rather than the finished result. Just a fun way to spend a few hours in the shop.

Even a professional machine shop would do some filing and/or sanding to finish the piece after it was done getting the machining cuts. Using a couple precision files, some 320-800 grit sand paper & some patience will finish the trigger well, etc. to almost professional quality (depending on your level of patience & experience) or at least make it more acceptable looking than a raw machining job.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top