JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nothing fancy but I hope he likes it. Basic DPMS upper, 80% lower, lower parts and a 80% arms jig.

7RBSH5u.jpg

How old is he? Old enough to finish a 80% receiver on his own? (I am in my 40's and work with metal for a living and I am a little sketchy about building a 80% lower) :D

I hope he appreciates how great of gift this really is

Good to see that he likes guns.... I have both a real son and a step son and both could care less about guns:eek: Not sure if I should pistol whip both of them or just let them be:D

How old is he? Old enough to finish a 80% receiver on his own? (I am in my 40's and work with metal for a living and I am a little sketchy about building a 80% lower) :D

I hope he appreciates how great of gift this really is

He's 26. Watch the 80% arms jig video. It would be seriously hard to mess it up

Great gift and the idea of buying him a firearm or parts and allowing him to put it together is such a treat. I would love that so much more than just being given a rifle, although I wouldn't be mad : )

I dunno, I am confident I could screw it up. :D

Looks like a pretty good system though.

This one is mine that I did. Not pretty but its functional. Getting the pocket deep enough with a end mill bit on the end of the router was a little difficult. Broke a tooth off the end mill. And drilling the hole for the trigger wasnt well designed and had to be finished with a dremel. But its definitely better than the 80% poly lower I did.

87fsrLP.jpg

Well, no offense intended but that's what I am trying to avoid. I want it to look factory crisp or I won't be a happy camper. I am worried about doing it in my mill because the bearings have a bit of slop and it might chatter a bit. I am a blacksmith, not a machinest even though I have a few machine tools. The rule of thumb as a blacksmith is if your not happy with how it looks keep hitting it with a hammer until you are. Probably not the right approach for these

Yeah, not going to be perfect using a hand held router as a milling machine. I'd only recommend this for someone who has some basic shop experience and is happy with the process rather than the finished result. Just a fun way to spend a few hours in the shop.

Yeah, not going to be perfect using a hand held router as a milling machine. I'd only recommend this for someone who has some basic shop experience and is happy with the process rather than the finished result. Just a fun way to spend a few hours in the shop.

Even a professional machine shop would do some filing and/or sanding to finish the piece after it was done getting the machining cuts. Using a couple precision files, some 320-800 grit sand paper & some patience will finish the trigger well, etc. to almost professional quality (depending on your level of patience & experience) or at least make it more acceptable looking than a raw machining job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top