JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in a gun shop a while back and overheard the owner telling another customer that they are against the law in Oregon. He stated that in Oregon the definition of a trigger pull is both the pull and release of the trigger. If this is the case why do I see them for sale all over the places, lots of them at the ARPC gun show too.

Your first mistake is listening to gun shop fudd.
You beat me to it.

Oregon definition......

"Machine gun" means a weapon of any description by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, which is designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device."

ORS 166.210
Definitions (6)

I think my favorite gun shop eavesdrop was an employee explaining to a customer that it's illegal in OR to conceal carry with a round in the chamber.

There is no shortage of gun shops that are always good for a laugh.đź‘Ť

Last Edited:
You beat me to it.

Oregon definition......

"Machine gun" means a weapon of any description by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, which is designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device."

ORS 166.210
Definitions (6)

I agree on that but he stated the definition of a semi auto was both actions. I'm not good at all pawing through the legal codes and definitions.

I agree on that but he stated the definition of a semi auto was both actions. I'm not good at all pawing through the legal codes and definitions.
Oregon does not define "semi auto", nor do they define triggers pulls except under the machine gun sub-section I quoted above. Your gun shop "expert" is pulling laws out of his arse.

Read them for yourself.

There was a point that Franklin triggers would not ship to OR. I bought mine right after the concern was removed in Feb 2019. I dont believe they were ever illegal though just wouldnt ship here.

If we learned anything from The Gun Room, your typical shop employee is farting out of their mouth.

I just heard from a shop muppet that it is safe to shoot .40 s&w in my semi auto 10mm.

It will fire, but you will destroy the barrel in time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top