JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be writing to Earl Blumenauer, and of course we need to be grown-ups when we write our reps so they don't just dismiss us as cranks. I say this to remind myself as much as anyone else!

This legislation is wrong headed and doesn't address the most fundamental issue-- the lack of available means of intervention for severely deranged people... I know I'm preaching to the choir here... we DO need to write and call our members of Congress; though I really don't think that this bill has a chance at this time. Still, I'm writing!

Sending Blumenauer a pro-gun rights e-mail is like inviting a rabbi to Easter dinner.

Even more of a shame is that ALL of our representatives are sworn to defend the Constitution including the simple statement "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' and yet they continue to write legislation which infringes upon that right. Even worse, some have written and passed laws which take away this right. ANY and all LAWS which infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms is an infringement!!! What's so hard to understand and how have we got to this place??

But so is the President and we know how he feels and appoints people!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I sent an email to my representative asking that this bill never be allowed out of committee. I am not a constituent of Rep. Bluhmenauer, so I did not email him.

Sending Blumenauer a pro-gun rights e-mail is like inviting a rabbi to Easter dinner.
Hah, point taken :) BUT I am writing, just to let 'em know that his constituents have a wide variety of opinions that we feel strongly about (I'm on my 3rd draft... I'm not quick but I try to be thorough). And funnily enough, years ago my wife and I did have a rabbinical student & his wife over for Easter dinner, after we'd been to their place for a Passover seder (this is true!!)

*edit* Hey BSG 75, thanks for that link to the post-expiration report on the AWB! That's great info to have:s0155:

Last Edited:
Ok so are they going to limit the legal length of rope for hangings? Of course not because hanging people is illegal... How bout requiring Kennedy family members to not operate vehicles over any body of water? While it would make sense I don't think that you can write legislation to apply to a single family. Are they going to restrict felons from owning hammers or knives because they could be used for robbery or murder? Reasonable is read the bill of rights and follow it. Allow each of us to own belt fed radioactive biochem grenade launchers or GE M134As or howitzers etc.... and require that all elected officials are held to the same requirements of the general public...

Great ! If it wasn't as I expect ......a total load of %$^&, I think we would all like to see that. (I will be shocked if it is not, I have been watching this guy since he was a local commissar here in Portland, a total leftist, which is of course why he was just re-elected)

BTW....If it does support our rights in some fashion, lets see it on this thread, perhaps some of the guys here could use it as an attachment to their letters they are writing him. It might serve as a reminder that people remember what he says.

I actually received a personally written response about 2 years ago after writting a pro-gun email to him. I'll see if I can find it.

I've been to an easter dinner with my rabbi - let us not forget that the best glue towards a positive interfaith dialogue is good food. I'm sure the same would apply to Mr. B's stances on firearms, which seem to be rooted in a certain level of underexposure, as with most rabid anti-gunners. Someone needs to take the guy to an IDPA event some time. I'd recommend dinner, but these days they like to crucify lobbyists at the expense of enterprise engagement so that may be counter productive.

Great ! If it wasn't as I expect ......a total load of %$^&, I think we would all like to see that. (I will be shocked if it is not, I have been watching this guy since he was a local commissar here in Portland, a total leftist, which is of course why he was just re-elected)

BTW....If it does support our rights in some fashion, lets see it on this thread, perhaps some of the guys here could use it as an attachment to their letters they are writing him. It might serve as a reminder that people remember what he says.

I can't find it in my personal email. I think it was in my old business email that is no longer.

I remember he said he agreed with individuals owning firearms, but that the availability of them for criminals and inability for police to track them after crimes is a problem. This of course led to him talking about micro-stamping. Which I wrote back in disagreement of.

I believe he was being honest & agrees with individual firearm ownership...... just "sporting" type rifle ownership only.

I can't find it in my personal email. I think it was in my old business email that is no longer.
I believe he was being honest & agrees with individual firearm ownership...... just "sporting" type rifle ownership only.

Well thanks anyway for looking GF. ....Of course "sporting" rifle only means that he would like to take everything else away from us.

Here is to hoping that most parts of the country continue the trend of dumping their "Blumenauers", it certainly won't happen in places like Portland. :drink:

Well thanks anyway for looking GF. ....Of course "sporting" rifle only means that he would like to take everything else away from us.

Here is to hoping that most parts of the country continue the trend of dumping their "Blumenauers", it certainly won't happen in places like Portland. :drink:

I agree.

It's almost like they want the citizens to revolt, and form the militia the 2nd amendment protects. Do they really think puting a number on mag capacity will change a psychopaths damage. I can do a mag change in a matter of a second. Are they going to write a law on how many magazines you can own next? Get your heads above sand politicians, and realize drunk driving kills more people overnight than you can imagine, yet we have bars in the middle of nowhere that you have to drive home from....hmm.

Careful.....Janet and Barry are watching. No sense in giving them new ideas.

It's almost like they want the citizens to revolt, and form the militia the 2nd amendment protects. Do they really think puting a number on mag capacity will change a psychopaths damage. I can do a mag change in a matter of a second. Are they going to write a law on how many magazines you can own next?

Remember: Gun Control is actually People Control. At this time you can purchase Hi-Cap magzines. Get them while you can! If you wait, they may be gone! All the President has to do to bypass Congress is write an "EXECUTIVE ORDER!" That makes him a virtual DICTATER! Gettem while you can! I'm doing it.

Another thing: There are 80,000,000 million of us gunowners in America. If we stick together, these Constitutional perverts will not be able to infringe our RIGHTS!

Why not ban all passenger vehicles engines over 200 HP. No one needs to drive over 100 miles an hour and it is illegal to do so. More people are killed in motor vehicle accidents where speed was a contributing factor than with high capasity mags. This is how much sense this bill makes.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews