JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, so I can do that? I can still do everything like I could 6 months ago? All the receivers I want are still available and I can get jigs and parts kits from the same places? Cool.

Or the exact opposite of that and they're all doing just what the ATF told them to do?

Which one?

I mean I'd like it to be true too. Its not. I'd love it to be true but theres a major difference between I saw something online and there being ANY change in policy or practice by the ATF. Yeah people in Maryland can build an 80% receiver but theres a lot of them that the companies that previously sold them are NOT selling them. You used to be able to buy kits, barrels, frames and jigs all from the same shop. You can't now. Some receivers are simply NOT on the market any more because the ATF told sellers to stop selling them. Nothings changed.

Last Edited:
Oh, so I can do that? I can still do everything like I could 6 months ago? All the receivers I want are still available and I can get jigs and parts kits from the same places? Cool.

Or the exact opposite of that and they're all doing just what the ATF told them to do?

Which one?

I mean I'd like it to be true too. Its not. I'd love it to be true but theres a major difference between I saw something online and there being ANY change in policy or practice by the ATF. Yeah people in Maryland can build an 80% receiver but theres a lot of them that the companies that previously sold them are NOT selling them. You used to be able to buy kits, barrels, frames and jigs all from the same shop. You can't now. Some receivers are simply NOT on the market any more because the ATF told sellers to stop selling them. Nothings changed.
As I mentioned I have not paid much attention to this, was kind of waiting to see how it would shake out. Just went to P80 and they are showing a bunch of the frame and jig kits and do not see anything on their site about having to sell separately or such.
Now when I was at work I just took a quick look, now took a better look at 5D and they are sold out but this is one the Glock 80%

<Due to a change in ATF regulations, we cannot legally include the jig or frame rails with the GST-9 MOD1 frame. The jig and frame must be purchased on our website as two separate items. Each jig includes one set of GST-9 frame rails. You will need to purchase one jig for every GST-9 MOD1 frame you plan to build. Frame rails are ONLY included with the jig, not with the 80% pistol frame itself. >

Moot for them for now as they show they have none for sale. So don't know if they are just waiting to see how this shakes out or they just have not been able to get more in. With the threats and so forth coming from the gov I can certainly see why many places that were selling this stuff are not going to touch it now. I would have to guess they too are either just not going to do it any more or are at best waiting to see how things shake out in the courts sadly. Even though I never wanted one of the Glock ones stuff like this just makes me want to buy one just because it makes me angry they are playing this stupid game. 🤬

I see the big red warning tag on this thread, have not been watching it well so have to guess a few are refusing to behave for some reason? Too lazy to go back and see what set someone off over this of all things. What a damn mess.

I checked Rockey Brass' website earlier to see what they were selling. Their site says they are officially closed. Sad. They had good prices and good service.

None....

None....

Have to suspect that a LOT of places that were selling this stuff are at least for now siting it out. None of them want to be the next ones to have gov people show up at the door to take everything and charge them. I pay little attention to this and I know I sure as hell would not invest is selling this stuff right now. So those where doing a lot of it have to be wondering "is it worth it" right now? Now if it shakes out in court as a hands down win for us? I would "guess" many will jump in again. Will be interesting to watch I guess.

Have to suspect that a LOT of places that were selling this stuff are at least for now siting it out. None of them want to be the next ones to have gov people show up at the door to take everything and charge them. I pay little attention to this and I know I sure as hell would not invest is selling this stuff right now. So those where doing a lot of it have to be wondering "is it worth it" right now? Now if it shakes out in court as a hands down win for us? I would "guess" many will jump in again. Will be interesting to watch I guess.
I agree that some will have probably closed up shop and may not return.. or at least for now. Even a few months of diminishing sales and a full month (so far) with no stock to sell can be more financial exposure than some can survive. It's only been a month since it went into affect and even less time than that for the alphabets to clarify their standing on the issue. It takes a little time to switch gears.

It may also be that production orders where stopped in anticipation of them now being illegal and it will take time to restart the supply chain.

What's encouraging to a degree is that many are simply showing "out of stock" and haven't updated their websites and removed their listings for them.

Lack of current in stock availability for purchase doesn't equate to, they are illegal now. The alphabets already backpeddled and clarified their standig on 80%'s. Unserialized frames can still be bought. Unserialized receivers can still be bought. Jigs for frames and receivers can still be bought. Some places DO have limited types in stock and available.

So effectively, brandon's "ghost gun" ban has been a total flop and nothing has really changed. Having to buy the jigs seperate does complicate things a litte, but it hasn't changed much... when you get right down to it.

As more legal cases go forward, it's only going to solidify it even more. They are legal, and they are here to stay.

(Oh yeah. And this thread has had a red alert since half the pages ago-ish. It got political and too much off topic.) ;)

I agree that some will have probably closed up shop and may not return.. or at least for now. Even a few months of diminishing sales and a full month (so far) with no stock to sell can be more financial exposure than some can survive. It's only been a month since it went into affect and even less time than that for the alphabets to clarify their standing on the issue. It takes a little time to switch gears.

It may also be that production orders where stopped in anticipation of them now being illegal and it will take time to restart the supply chain.

What's encouraging to a degree is that many are simply showing "out of stock" and haven't updated their websites and removed their listings for them.

Lack of current in stock availability for purchase doesn't equate to, they are illegal now. The alphabets already backpeddled and clarified their standig on 80%'s. Unserialized frames can still be bought. Unserialized receivers can still be bought. Jigs for frames and receivers can still be bought. Some places DO have limited types in stock and available.

So effectively, brandon's "ghost gun" ban has been a total flop and nothing has really changed. Having to buy the jigs seperate does complicate things a litte, but it hasn't changed much... when you get right down to it.

As more legal cases go forward, it's only going to solidify it even more. They are legal, and they are here to stay.

(Oh yeah. And this thread has had a red alert since half the pages ago-ish. It got political and too much off topic.) ;)
Several places, most places , ALL AK places stopped selling 80% receivers entirely. Its not that they ran out. They pulled the items from their website entirely. The biggest seller on the market Childers guns said they weren't going to stop selling them and promptly pulled them from the website Aug 24th. All of them except for AOA which sold those superb Polish 80% you just have to drill a couple of holes and a safety keyhole and they can sell them as 100% without the hassle.

Last Edited:
Several places, most places , ALL AK places stopped selling 80% receivers entirely. Its not that they ran out. They pulled the items from their website entirely. The biggest seller on the market Childers guns said they weren't going to stop selling them and promptly pulled them from the website Aug 24th. All of them except for AWO which sold Polish 80% just have to drill a couple of holes and a safety keyhole and they cn sell them as 100% without the hassle.
Yes, yes, yes. Some have. Some exceptions always prove the rule, right?

Some haven't and AK receivers don't determine the whole of the 80% market. If a company choses not to deal in them anymore, that's their choice. They "can", they still "might", and others may step in to fill the gaps if there is money to be made.

A month in, and only a couple of weeks since the backpeddling occured, I don't think how the market stands "at this very moment" is a true indicator of how it's going to be for all time. Believe what you will, but availability doesn't determine legality.

I'm thinking it's a combo or issues with the 80% stuff! The last year or so has seen a YUGE increase in sales, especially with folks wanting to get their sh!t before this all went down, so vendors got hammered and are simply out of stock! It is likely they are also having issue getting materials to make new stock.

There is also likely those who folded due to this legal crap, a few weeks, months of no sales could cause them to shutter just as well as the Rogues in Windbreakers ordering them to stop! Take your pick, I suspect it's all of the above!

Several places, most places , ALL AK places stopped selling 80% receivers entirely. Its not that they ran out. They pulled the items from their website entirely. The biggest seller on the market Childers guns said they weren't going to stop selling them and promptly pulled them from the website Aug 24th. All of them except for AOA which sold those superb Polish 80% you just have to drill a couple of holes and a safety keyhole and they can sell them as 100% without the hassle.
Sadly again a "guess" that the people who own it chose to not risk it. Can't blame them. Just have to hope that if this is a complete win they, or others will again take it up. As with the great covid hoax, it is not a snap to turn stuff back on after shutting it off. If places do start selling again it will take a while to get the pipe line filled with product again.

RE : NY Law "Sensitive Places" Part 2
The meat of the issue(s).....begins at about 04:20.

Rrrrrrright.....

"Clearly Unconstitutional"

Yet, certain NY Legislators have seen it as their calling/duty to pass Clearly Unconstitutional Laws.

Tyrants!

OK, Ok, ok......I should keep my further comments on those certain Legislators......"SAFE/CLEAN".

Aloha, Mark

PS......
tyrant

tī′rənt
noun
  1. An extremely oppressive, unjust, or cruel ruler.
  2. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions, especially one who seized power illegally.
  3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR