JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently, eight Republican lawmakers in the House of Representatives joined nearly every Democrat in supporting legislation that was aimed at strengthening background checks in all firearms sales and transfers. The "Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021" passed in a vote of 227 to 203 with only a single Democrat, Rep. Jared Golden of Maine, casting a vote against it.
If it passes the Senate and is signed into law by President Biden, it would result in new background check requirements for all gun transfers conducted by private parties.

As it currently stands, unlicensed or "private sellers" are not required to conduct a background check for transfers on firearms, and this includes sales made at gun shows
– which has resulted in opponents of such transactions calling this the "gun show loophole," and additionally have argued this is how many criminals obtain their firearms. All licensed dealers, including those who sell at gun shows, are in fact required to conduct a background check.

The majority of Republican lawmakers pushed back against the measure and argued that it would result in an infringement on American citizens' constitutional rights. They have further warned that it could hinder abuse victims from obtaining a firearm for protection. Proponents said they believed the measure would curb gun violence and keep firearms from being obtained by criminals.

"I believe that in order to curb evildoers from having access to firearms, we have to be willing to make some changes for the greater good," explained Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), one of the eight
GOP representatives to support the bill.

"This legislation by itself will not stop violence," added Kinszinger. "It will help, but the core of our issues cannot be changed by laws. We cannot detect or deter evil by legislating. Accepting the reality that this evil exists is part of it, as well as holding those who commit these crimes accountable."

Kinzinger, who in the past has said he is a supporter of the Second Amendment, argued that the bill will add precautions to reduce gun violence, while it won't stop law-abiding citizens from obtaining a firearm.

"In the face of the evil that threatens the fabric of what this nation stands for, we must unite and stand against such hatred," Kinzinger noted. "It's why I took this vote today, making a choice to work towards a better tomorrow for our children and the future of this country."

The other GOP House members included Rep. Vern Buchanan (Fla.), Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.), Rep. Andrew Garbarino (N.Y.), Rep. Carlos Gimenez (Fla.), Rep. Maria Salazar (Fla.), Rep. Chris Smith (N.J.) and Rep. Fred Upton (Mich.). Fitzpatrick, Smith and Upton were co-sponsors of the legislation.

Additionally, Fitzpatrick and Smith both supported the Enhanced Background Checks Act, which was introduced by House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.). It would close the so-called "Charleston loophole," which provides that if the current national background check system is not immediately able to determine if a buyer is able to legally obtain a firearm, and the FBI does not conduct an investigation within three days, the seller is allowed to proceed with a sale. The bill extends the initial background check review period to ten days. While the two Republicans supported it, two Democrats were opposed.

Both bills could still have an uphill fight in the Senate, even as the Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has vowed to put the background check legislation on the floor despite opposition. When the GOP controlled the upper chamber, then-Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked the legislation.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) has even predicted that some Republicans could support the bill, but it is likely some more conservative Democrats wouldn't support more restrictions on firearms and would join any Republican opposition.

By Peter Suciu ~ A Michigan-based writer who has contributed to more than four dozen magazines, newspapers and websites. He regularly writes about military small arms, and is the author of several books on military headgear.

As the antis always stress, it's a start. What exactly do gun owners gain by this? Where was the massively powerful NRA the democrats keep speaking about?

Like bump stocks. Who cared about the actual device? It was government's finger being g allowed to wedge it's fingers where it had no business.

The way it has been from the middle to late 90's and ON and OFF to NOW when it comes to some products - guns will be USED AS CLUBS due to the fake/real so called shortages that we have seen in the past and now.

Yes, I do know about planning ahead. Etc. Been there - done that.

We know what many of the Ds want to do and they have always made it CLEAR - CRYSTAL CLEAR! Many of them LIE and pull con jobs on the American people.

We know what many of the Rs want too.

We have already seen what they have done in the past and RECENTLY in Red States and NOT only in gun issues. I would LOVE to say more but it is NOT allowed on this forum. Telephone calls made locally, to D.C. and letters sent back to me from so called leaders. ALL sides too.

Many of them LIE, pull a R con job on many people and put their FINGER UP IN THE AIR TO SEE WHICH WAY THE POLITICAL WINDS ARE BLOWING!

One group - you know what most of them want and what their GOAL IS.

The other group - LOL. You can't trust them either.

My opinion and your mileage may vary. NO problem.

Too bad that this is going on but that is what many people get by voting for liars, thieves, con job artists, CONTROL FREAKS, senile and bat dung crazy leaders.

If you want your EARS TICKLED - you will believe their lies and salami promises coming from both parties.

Gun Control = People Control.

Old Lady Cate

L. Neil Smith

TOP 25 QUOTES BY L. NEIL SMITH (of 114) | A-Z Quotes

Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Never Forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't allow him to do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen, bureaucrats, and politicians.

Don't forget how many RED STATES and their political leaders made those specific changes in their GUN LAWS and not only when it came to Trump praising Red Flag Laws and more dung with Diane F. and others of her ILK at the table in the White House.

That ONLY encouraged many Rs across this country to make changes - take action to their STATE'S GUN LAWS.
NOT only with RF laws too!

If push came to shove many more Red States (NOT only in Blue States!) would have GONE ALONG WITH THOSE OTHER STATES TOO!

That is a fact, Jack!

On top of that, those R and D leaders praised taking the guns first as Trump stated OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH about 11 times! I counted him and if my memory is correct - he stated this 11 times. (Just like he spoke about his tax returns 100 plus times! LOL) I SAW HIM LIVE on OTA TV, and on many, many entire news clips in that anti gun public meeting. Those R and D leaders especially the ones where they made immediate or almost immediate changes to their state's GUN LAWS praised him for some other GUN stuff where Trump had NO clue on what the heck he was talking about too!

Where are the HEARING PROTECTION LAWS made for gun people? Promises, promises - lol.

Where are the NATIONAL conceal laws - one permit that covers ALL STATES and the ENTIRE STATE including some cities, small towns and rural areas? Promises, promises - lol.

What about open carry for ALL states now even if most states allow OC?

What about True Constitutional Carry?

Trump making that EO on Bump Stocks meant AND means that any jack wagon can do what HE or SHE THINKS (?!?) he/she can do with some EO even though this was or still is (?) being challenged. I do not have that current news link in front of me now. HARRIS IS WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH to make some BIG gun law changes if OLD JOE can't perform his duties as a COC. COC?! LOL Let us not go THERE now!

I never owned, would not buy, will NOT buy or even wanted a bump stock but if some PREZ or any other con artist thinks that he or she can make EOs willy nilly for any INANIMATE OBJECT especially when it comes to GUNS and gun accessories and parts... look out - here comes some more salami!

HE or the .gov folks did not OFFER any money to buy those stocks in a buy back, he did not PAY for them to begin (!) with, he gave people x amount of time to turn them in or destroy them and if they were not turned in - the bump stock owner would be a criminal if he still had one of them.

I think that they were STUPID things to own but I still think that people had a right to own them.

If you (.gov) do it for ONE gun part or accessory - you can do it for many more or all of them including scopes for people who use and like scopes. I don't own, like or use a scope (I shoot better with NO scope for my types of shooting.) but I think that people have a right to buy them, use them, sell them, hunt with them, shoot with them at a range, gift them, etc.

Cate

Last Edited:
As the antis always stress, it's a start. What exactly do gun owners gain by this? Where was the massively powerful NRA the democrats keep speaking about?

Like bump stocks. Who cared about the actual device? It was government's finger being g allowed to wedge it's fingers where it had no business.

THIS x 1,000! Thank you.

Plus the true story about the LV shootings never came out. MY opinion. Too many things never did add up and that was one story that I followed very closely and for a LONG time when it was brushed off the Faux News off of Fox, CNN, OTA boob tube stations, NV news, etc. news websites and radio.

But you can't convince some people that Trump made a bad decision about BSs because he had an R initial by his name and/or some people actually worship him like they were/are in a cult. Just like the OTHER side does for their leaders.

Cate

Recently, eight Republican lawmakers in the House of Representatives joined nearly every Democrat in supporting legislation that was aimed at strengthening background checks in all firearms sales and transfers. The "Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021" passed in a vote of 227 to 203 with only a single Democrat, Rep. Jared Golden of Maine, casting a vote against it.
If it passes the Senate and is signed into law by President Biden, it would result in new background check requirements for all gun transfers conducted by private parties.

As it currently stands, unlicensed or "private sellers" are not required to conduct a background check for transfers on firearms, and this includes sales made at gun shows – which has resulted in opponents of such transactions calling this the "gun show loophole," and additionally have argued this is how many criminals obtain their firearms. All licensed dealers, including those who sell at gun shows, are in fact required to conduct a background check.

The majority of Republican lawmakers pushed back against the measure and argued that it would result in an infringement on American citizens' constitutional rights. They have further warned that it could hinder abuse victims from obtaining a firearm for protection. Proponents said they believed the measure would curb gun violence and keep firearms from being obtained by criminals.

"I believe that in order to curb evildoers from having access to firearms, we have to be willing to make some changes for the greater good," explained Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), one of the eight
GOP representatives to support the bill.

"This legislation by itself will not stop violence," added Kinszinger. "It will help, but the core of our issues cannot be changed by laws. We cannot detect or deter evil by legislating. Accepting the reality that this evil exists is part of it, as well as holding those who commit these crimes accountable."

Kinzinger, who in the past has said he is a supporter of the Second Amendment, argued that the bill will add precautions to reduce gun violence, while it won't stop law-abiding citizens from obtaining a firearm.

"In the face of the evil that threatens the fabric of what this nation stands for, we must unite and stand against such hatred," Kinzinger noted. "It's why I took this vote today, making a choice to work towards a better tomorrow for our children and the future of this country."

The other GOP House members included Rep. Vern Buchanan (Fla.), Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.), Rep. Andrew Garbarino (N.Y.), Rep. Carlos Gimenez (Fla.), Rep. Maria Salazar (Fla.), Rep. Chris Smith (N.J.) and Rep. Fred Upton (Mich.). Fitzpatrick, Smith and Upton were co-sponsors of the legislation.

Additionally, Fitzpatrick and Smith both supported the Enhanced Background Checks Act, which was introduced by House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.). It would close the so-called "Charleston loophole," which provides that if the current national background check system is not immediately able to determine if a buyer is able to legally obtain a firearm, and the FBI does not conduct an investigation within three days, the seller is allowed to proceed with a sale. The bill extends the initial background check review period to ten days. While the two Republicans supported it, two Democrats were opposed.

Both bills could still have an uphill fight in the Senate, even as the Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has vowed to put the background check legislation on the floor despite opposition. When the GOP controlled the upper chamber, then-Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked the legislation.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) has even predicted that some Republicans could support the bill, but it is likely some more conservative Democrats wouldn't support more restrictions on firearms and would join any Republican opposition.

By Peter Suciu ~ A Michigan-based writer who has contributed to more than four dozen magazines, newspapers and websites. He regularly writes about military small arms, and is the author of several books on military headgear.

Thank you for putting this up.

If I can find one of my other links about this story, I will add it to this thread.

Take care.

Cate

THIS x 1,000! Thank you.

Plus the true story about the LV shootings never came out. MY opinion. Too many things never did add up and that was one story that I followed very closely and for a LONG time when it was brushed off the Faux News off of Fox, CNN, OTA boob tube stations, NV news, etc. news websites and radio.

But you can't convince some people that Trump made a bad decision about BSs because he had an R initial by his name and/or some people actually worship him like they were/are in a cult. Just like the OTHER side does for their leaders.

Cate
Unfortunately too many faithful believed Trump was playing 4D chess while others were playing checkers. Well that turned out to be wrong. We have to learn to take things at face value and Always push back to the new limits of social acceptability. Billy Joel sang, We didn't start the Fire. Old school American morays.

I wonder what was promised to the 8 Rs who voted for this... ?
I believe the FL Rs are all from Broward county, which helps explain their vote a little bit. But what do the rest get?

I hope like hell it's something for US and not just an invite to Nancy's next ice cream social.

And now this;
This legislation by itself will not stop violence," added Kinszinger. "It will help, but the core of our issues cannot be changed by laws. We cannot detect or deter evil by legislating. Accepting the reality that this evil exists is part of it, as well as holding those who commit these crimes accountable."
Well... you're half right, Congressman.
He says, in less than two sentences, that laws don't work... but they work a little (so we'll need more for sure), but they can't stop violence, and laws don't work, except sometimes... maybe. But probably not.

This is throwing a bone to the antis and establishing a New Normal... period. Just another step up the ladder to make the next step smaller and easier to take. At the top is complete civilian disarmament.

Last Edited:
I wonder what was promised to the 8 Rs who voted for this... ?
I believe the FL Rs are all from Broward county, which helps explain their vote a little bit. But what to the rest get?

Kinzinger is an outspoken grandstander that always runs to the nearest mic for a soundbite to try to achieve his 15min of fame. And the Florida Reps had me wondering until you mentioned Broward county... also there was a big push with Soros money to flip FL, or certain parts of it, blue.

the others may or may not be voting their conscionses (sp). But if they are, they are ignorant of the greater dangers/ramifications.

BTW, in this day and age, most all of the gun shows that I know of, have policies requiring private transactions to go thru one of the licensed dealers there. Of course, OR and WA have UBC laws, but I'm talking about elsewhere.

Anybody know different?

And crims they have interviewed said they are not buy guns at gun shows. They steal them or buy them on the streets. Any lawmaker or researcher/study who say otherwise is LYING.

Come on ya cripple.

DC3CA11D-DD61-4792-948B-D43B0556217A.jpeg

BBBass,

PRIVATE SALES are still allowed in and out of many states even though some states including mine had a royal cluster you know what in the PAST a few years ago.

THIS was due to the anti gun BLOOMBERG MAIG D. mayor, anti gun city council folks who are mostly DEMS who decided to PASS GUN LAWS AND MORE WILLY NILLY - OLD POSTS of mine, a worthless R AG who did NOT do his job in a timely manner, a judge and a local lawyer for the CITY SHUT DOWN the AG like swatting a FLY and it went to the Supreme Court (Mostly liberal judges according to what I have seen and what my MT husband has told me repeatedly!) which ruled in our favor for a time frame and it was put to a statewide VOTE which was close in 11/2020.

So for a time frame, maybe a year or so, the law was one thing for the city and you could cross over to the county LINE and it would be another law. Crazy butt thinking and planning but what can you expect from home grown and transplanted anti gun people who REMAIN CLUELESS and are so full of THEIR ANTI GUN WISHES THAT THEY ARE CRAZY LIKE A FOX?!

There is so much more to say but it was written poorly, meant to confuse some people IGNORANT OF GUN LAWS, it was NOT mentioned much in the mass media, etc.

R and not only D candidates hardly spoke about that SPECIFIC LAW THAT WAS GOING TO BE ON THE BALLOT IN NOVEMBER 2020 and it was on it. We did win but if we had LOST - any city or county or small town could do what they wanted to do in GUN ISSUES from BANNING private sales IN or OUT OF A GUN SHOW to open/conceal carry laws and in specific areas where they were ALWAYS ALLOWED TO OC OR CC and more ACROSS THIS STATE. So much more and I just can't type if all down.

SO many things to say but I just can't do it - type it ALL OUT AGAIN.

The anti gun folks are still out there and GAINING GROUND - moving INTO this state and THEY are all over THIS STATE EVEN IN RURAL and SMALL TOWN AREAS (NOT just in cities or college towns!) even though we have a R governor now.

Blessings to you and yours.

Cate

BTW, in this day and age, most all of the gun shows that I know of, have policies requiring private transactions to go thru one of the licensed dealers there. Of course, OR and WA have UBC laws, but I'm talking about elsewhere.

Anybody know different?

And crims they have interviewed said they are not buy guns at gun shows. They steal them or buy them on the streets. Any lawmaker or researcher/study who say otherwise is LYING.

SEE # 12 post.

Cate

After today, we should all feel lucky if the background bill is the only thing that (likely) passes.

The indefinite delay needs to be yanked out, but ARs are going to get targeted because some nutty fat f**k decided to shoot up a grocery store AND kill a cop. I'm glad they got him alive because then they can find out what his motives were, but I wish they'd given him the need for a colostomy bag and a wheelchair for life.

After today, we should all feel lucky if the background bill is the only thing that (likely) passes.

The indefinite delay needs to be yanked out, but ARs are going to get targeted because some nutty fat f**k decided to shoot up a grocery store AND kill a cop. I'm glad they got him alive because then they can find out what his motives were, but I wish they'd given him the need for a colostomy bag and a wheelchair for life.
Yea. He's alive...... now he's the tax payers burden.

Comes as NO SURPRISE to me.
The Dems had their whole plan printed before the election. Rrrrright......ever read their party platform?

Then......
With the help of the RINOs......well, whatever.

Some of the Congress Critters.......never even read or understood the part of the Constitution where it says.......

"......the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

YEAH......
As I said, it comes as no surprise to me......since them Congress Critters have adopted to "thinking" that the 2nd A actually says.....
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say that it's reasonable and makes common sense to me.

"Fluid". Just like with their personal "sexuality" issues and how they intend/plan to indoctrinate the entrie country to their way of thinking.

Aloha, Mark

That's progress. Democrats are feeling strong right now though, so they might go for the gold. GOP should have thought about winning the Senate before buying Trump's election fraud crapshow, that torpedoed Loeffler and Perdue.
If Trump had some common sense and kept his mouth shut and stayed off Twitter he would still be president.

Yea. He's alive...... now he's the tax payers burden.
That's the downside.

The upside is that prison has a nice way of rewarding these folks, regardless of "special protection."

Constipation will cease being a problem for the fella when blocks just fall right now without resistance.

I don't feel lucky at all. Those worthless pieces of dog sh t that took an oath need to be gone. As long as they're in a position to violate the constitution, we're all in danger.

Niemöller's quote is what I see happening to gun owners because of failures of to many to speak out.
First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out— because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
And the, "How do you eat an elephant?" One bite at a time... We're the elephant folks..

Dan

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top