JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wasn't even aware there were knock off Leupolds.

Me thinks that would be fairly obvious, they are fairly well put together, noticing a knock off shouldn't be too hard?

image.jpg image.jpg Lots of fakes being sold. I bought a China pold off Ali express came in Leupold box. Also bought a vortex razor amg .scams everywhere.

Last Edited:
the leupold stuff started hitting ebay back in the mid 2000s and leupold used to have a counterfeit notice on their site so you could compare.
they also make Acogs, EoTech optics and recently Elcan Spectre stuff

Wasn't even aware there were knock off Leupolds.
Me thinks that would be fairly obvious, they are fairly well put together, noticing a knock off shouldn't be too hard?
In some instances, it is. Leupold has been after this issue since before 2010. I think you'd be surprised at how these Chinupolds (or others) look so good. They don't hold up, though.
When I was in China, I bought a Folex for $10 for kicks. Looked real, fell apart after two weeks.
On each Leupy I've purchased used, I've called in to verify it was a genuine article.

I have read a lot of posts on multiple forums, ragging about Leupold going down the tubes, manufacturing in China, etc. IMO, with the latest scopes I've seen of theirs, they are still on top of their game, and if I had the spare cash, I would pony up for a VX-6 or a Mark 8.

The fact that so many swoon over SWFA or Primary Arms scopes indicate China certainly has improved its manufacturing to the point that they can produce acceptable quality scopes.

They get their glass from china... sig uses same glass as leupy...

primary arms glass and scopes also from china including the HD glass versions. though HD glass is significantly more expensive (1k range)

China is good at making cheap knockoffs and good at quality precision work. You get what you pay for even in china... You don't get high end stuff for cheap in china. High end stuff from them still costs high end prices. So the fakes are certainly that...fakes.

And that my friend is why I have a hard time buying optics from somebody who "bought it second hand".

I have been buying all my optics from reputable retailers. I can't afford to spend good money on a fake or somebody claiming they want a quick sell of a real thing.

Ugh

And that my friend is why I have a hard time buying optics from somebody who "bought it second hand".

I have been buying all my optics from reputable retailers. I can't afford to spend good money on a fake or somebody claiming they want a quick sell of a real thing.

Ugh

Same here. Airsoft stuff is cheap and easy to get. Also easy for someone to advertise as the genuine article.

The fact that so many swoon over SWFA or Primary Arms scopes indicate China certainly has improved its manufacturing to the point that they can produce acceptable quality scopes.
SWFA is likely Japan, Primary Arms is mostly China. However, with China the almighty dollar and requested specs matter. They can build anything from the low quality barska to something on par with higher end scopes. All it depends is on how much the person requesting the product is willing to pay.

PA doesn't have the best glass, but they can survive being frozen and beaten with hammers at least.

SWFA is likely Japan, Primary Arms is mostly China. However, with China the almighty dollar and requested specs matter. They can build anything from the low quality barska to something on par with higher end scopes. All it depends is on how much the person requesting the product is willing to pay.

PA doesn't have the best glass, but they can survive being frozen and beaten with hammers at least.
PRIMARY ARMS .Halo sun .
And the SIG RED DOT'S.
are basically the same .all China

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top