JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've used a product called "Home Defense" by Ortho. It's pet friendly to a certain extant and is colorless & odorless.
It's cheap and does a good job. Lowes or Home Depot carries it.

Same. They work well. That and really clean/sterilize the area they seem to be interested in.

I got the terro liquid stuff and i hope it goes to work soon

You'll get a huge influx of ants once you put the bait down, but resist the urge to move it or bother them. And make sure to keep the trap, paper tab, or whatever you used stocked with bait, otherwise they'll go searching your house for something else. After a a day or two you should see fewer ants until they are gone.

I live in an old house that I'm pretty sure is infested with ants. The landlord won't pay to have it fumigated so we have to do a couple rounds of Terro every year. The struggle is real!!

Yeah, it takes several days. And they will get worse before they get better. But a little patience and you will be ant free!

I also swear by the Terro liquid, works great every time. Like Kristina mentioned, it will get way worse for the first day or three; they love the stuff, bring it back to the nest, and send reinforcements to take even more back. My technique is to use that period to observe where their points of entry are, and to identify the trails they are using (ants use pheromones to establish trails that all the ants then follow). Once the ants start to die off, I make sure to wash all the trails down with either Windex or bleach water so the next generation doesn't just follow the old trails.

I grew up in Portland, so battling ants is a lifelong struggle. You can usually win the battle, but the ants will always win the war.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top