JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First the somewhat long-winded disclaimer:
I solidly believe that the best way to acquire and retain usable tactical/defensive skills is through scenario-based training with quality instructors that starts with the "basics" and complementing such training with regular practice, both ideally done under conditions as close to reality as is possible without the significant risk of serious injury. I participate in such training and practice as often as is permitted by my limited budget, full schedule and other considerations such as the availability of such training to non-LEOs.
In other words, nowhere near as often as I'd like to. :eek:

With all of that out of the way here is my question: What do you consider to be the best available books and DVDs on the defensive/tactical use of firearms and/or other defensive tools?

John Farnam - Method of Defensive Handgunning

Gabe Suarez - Both pistol & rifle

Kyle Lamb - Green Eyes & Black Rifles

That will give you a good start, without overload.

Books: Understanding Oregon Gun Laws - Kevin Starrett...the best book right now on use of force and Oregon conceal carry/firearms laws. I fully concur with wichaka, John Farnam's book on The Farnam Method of Defensive Handgunning will help you reviewing your use of force, defensive strategy, tactics, and defensive manual of arms. These can all be purchased from one of the forums sponsors www.ofagear.com

I'd get Clint Smith's DVDs from Thunder Ranch - www.thunderranchinc.com

Yep, about anything from Clint will be good as well.

There are many author/instructors out there....just need to be careful of their backgrounds and methods.

I'd add Ayoob's Gun Digest Books of Concealed Carry and Combat Handgunnery to the list, also In the Gravest Extreme.

If you're gonna tote iron in WA, Workman's Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities is bottom-line a must-have, plain and simple.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top