JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the S&W Shield, just slightly bigger than a Ruger LC9, which I have carried as well, but I shoot much better outside of 25' with the Shield. This summer I will try carrying a Kimber Solo, as I am becoming more comfotable with it, still need a few more rounds through the solo before I will trust it with my life though.

I used to carry a S&W model 60 in my pocket from time to time. It wasa little heavy, being all steel, but concealed easily. I shouldn't have sold it, but I didn't like carrying a revolver with an exposed hammer in my pocket. While I would do dry fire drills, the hammer would snag on my clothing.

That said, I think you would do well with a different j-frame such as a 442/642.

I carry a S&W 638-2 when I am making a quick run or just around the house when not using my G-19, it rides very well.

001-3.jpg

FYI, I do plan on using an in the pocket holster. I don't feel that it is all that safe to be rolling around with a pistol just loose in my pocket. So it will be in some sort of pocket holster...Which I need suggestions for as well.

I love pocket packing :p. I have both a lcr 357 ,and a lc9 i love them both and would recommend them any day of the week. I use them both as my EDC's depending on what i feel like wearing or where i am going. Right now my lc9 uses a cheap remora holster i picked up at the gun show for like 20 bucks and i like it much more than any of the more expensive holsters i have had for it. My lcr357 uses a desantis pocket holster not the nemesis i tried the nemesis model and hated it.

Just my two cents.

JP

Well to be honest I do change the handgun I carry from time to time. Lately, during our winter and rain, I will normally carry a Springfield XDS .45 in a coat pocket. In nicer weather it usually rests cross-draw in a paddleholster. I don't think I have worn a shirt tucked in for 30 years. If I am going somewhere more formall and a coat is worn or if I'm riding the Harley, I wear a should holster usually with a Kimber .45 although I have been know to use the S&W Model 25 (.45). If I feel like carrying two or am really stuck on keeping the handgun concealed with the clothes I wear it will be the Ruger LCP or sometimes one of the S&W Centennials .38/.357's in side the waist.

I'm surprised no one has mentiond a 5-shot .22 magnum NAA pocket revolver. One of those has been my everyday deep-carry pistol for nearly 20 years. Its small holster fits not only the pistol, but 10 extra rounds, which can all be worn in even a pair of shorts without printing. I can also carry it in a small fanny pack (like while hiking) along with a wallet, phone, keys, and Leatherman.

Keith

Keith
I did, see post #3

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

This is my Tarus TCP .380 in my pocket holster, front and back sides. Nice carry in my right back pocket of just about any pants or shorts I wear. I got this at a gun show in Portland, for $ 15. Damned if I remember who I bought it from. I think those Remoras might be a good choice as well.

Depending on what I am doing, I usually carry this all the time. My wife has one as well. Going out in the bush fishing or whatever, I carry a Ruger LC9 in a belt holster concealed, but have this one on me somewhere too.

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show