JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to your opinions on good ear protection that will go over NRR 33 plugs.
I have these: Amazon.com: Peltor H10A Optime 105 Over-the-Head Earmuff: Home Improvement
They are good and all, but super bulky..have to be careful to get a tight cheek weld. This is my criteria:
1. NRR rating, can't stress that enough, if I can get it up to 35 I would, I just didn't find any :)
2. Low profile, I want it as 'out of the way' as possible.
3. Don't care much whether it's electronic or passive.
4. Budget in the $150-$200.
I have found these Etymotics Etymotic Research, Inc. - GunSport-Pro Comparison, I have not used these but I've used Etymotic headphones before and they are top notch, but for ~$500 that's too much.

Working at a range for 10+ years has given me the opportunity to try many different brands. I can honestly say the best bang for the buck is MSA Sordin Supreme Pro's. I'm personally not a big fan of <broken link removed>, but they appear to have them for a decent price. Hope this helps. Remember, you only get one set of ears... protect them!

MSA Pro's are very well made, but they actually does not give you that much of protection. (indoor or shooting long period of time)

Though they are very comfortable with gal padding added.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top