JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well then we get back to capacity.
This guy gets hit multiple times and is still in the fight.
Cop didn't have to reload.and puts him down.
That's where I think about capacity for what I carry.

Because I bet if it comes down to it.
A lot of are going to miss a few shots.
Under stress and shooting fast.
Just saying if you think you are going to draw and shoot two shots and bad guy dies.
Good luck with that.
Unless you're JOHN WICK.

I can hit a man target with my glock19x.
But I'm not shooting anybody in the eye with it.
Maybe for head chin cheek neck high chest stomach shoulder leg .
Left foot right foot you get the picture.
Well let's just say they are not running far .LOL
I have never liked Glock but have shot a lot of them. Other than one that had what I think they called a New York trigger? Felt like you were pulling the trigger on a pistol that still had the safety on? All the others I could hit a target fine that was at the kind of distance I would be shooting at some dobad. Certainly not something I would want to compete in paper punching with but that was never what they were sold for. I have also never seen a new one fail out of the box. I know there has to be a few make it out the door with problems but I have yet to see anyone buy one a and it not work from round one. I sure as hell can not say that about my beloved 1911's sadly :cool:

I have all of them except the Beretta and I like them all. I like the feel of the BHP the best, but I like them all or I wouldn't own them. There is a 226 by chair at the moment.

BHP6.JPG

Well then we get back to capacity.
This guy gets hit multiple times and is still in the fight.
Cop didn't have to reload.and puts him down.
That's where I think about capacity for what I carry.
Video's like this are what made me start to often carry a lot more power than I did before camera's were everywhere. I was quite shocked how often this happens.

I have a Glocks. Ruger and a few other stuff .
I shoot my Kimber 1911 the best .
But I carry my glock19x .
Basically just because of capacity.
I can carry one mag in the gun and a extra mag and have 35 rounds.

Certainly some irony here. I have some very professed favorites, but as often as not, I'm carrying a cheap little plastic pistol.:confused:

Certainly some irony here. I have some very professed favorites, but as often as not, I'm carrying a cheap little plastic pistol.:confused:
It's hard to carry a full size 1911 .
It heavy and I need multiple backup mags.
I would have to carry gun mag plus 3 extra mags to have the same amount of ammo I carry with Glock and and one extra mag.

Ruger Blackhawk Bisley or at least a Blackhawk with a Houge grip. I do like a 1911, always feels like an old friends handshake. Sig P-220, I want one in 10mm. Browning Buckmark. ..... What was the question again?

1911-ish
I just fondled an STI Edge (2011) today.
Best trigger that I think I ever pulled.
And capacity at 20+1 is kinda nice, too.
Option to go 26+1 Crazy !
1911 has apparently found a way to begin the domination of its second century !

Last Edited:
1911 and 2011 variants for accuracy and speed I can group the best out of my many handguns with a 1911 or 2011. They are extremely ergonomic which is why its the predominant platform for competition shooting. The ergonomics and trigger are dreamlike my limited 2011 not pictured here is amazing I can get 1.2 inch group off a rest at 25 yards.

IMG_20190715_124018.jpg 20200320_172836.jpg

Last Edited:
I vote for a gun that always goes bang.. it doesn't need cleaning for at least 5K rounds. No lube needed. Doesn't rust easily.. accurate. Anybody can work on it. Parts everywhere. Mags everywhere.

It's even better of people hate it.

I don't give two flying monkey turds what others buy. shoot it a lot.. I mean a lot. Several thousand rounds a year....

Then buy more of them.i did

I like a lot of different designs for different reasons. What does "best" mean as posed by the OP? To me, the 1911 design has a pretty good track record for being durable, reliable, versatile, fairly simple and widely accepted as an effective firearm. In this context, I vote for the 1911.

1911 for top accuracy and absolute reliability. Even better in the Double Stacks with night sights!
Beretta 92, same as the 1911 with a decent trigger for a D/A.
Browning Hi-Power, almost a 1911 with a D/A trigger and high cap mags
Jericho 941, a very accurate 9 mm with decent sights.

BHP with a D/A trigger?:oops: oops

I sure as hell can not say that about my beloved 1911's sadly :cool:

Gotta run them wetter than my ex-wife. Works great in competitions using factory loads only, but nobody wants to carry them that wet... very liberally dosed on the rails and hammer with Red's Synthetic Gun Lube!!!

Video's like this are what made me start to often carry a lot more power than I did before camera's were everywhere. I was quite shocked how often this happens.
It's hard to carry a full size 1911 .
It heavy and I need multiple backup mags.
I would have to carry gun mag plus 3 extra mags to have the same amount of ammo I carry with Glock and and one extra mag.

Remember the vid of that LEO that shot a perp something like 14 times with his .45ACP Glock??? Afterwards he switched to a 9mm Glock with a 17rd +1 and 4 extra mags. Thas a lot of potential right there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top