JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice! I always wanted to be an engineer.. woo, woo!

th?&id=OIP.M9dd21a4351040b7998d96cc707cd8c2fo0&w=292&h=212&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

lol. corngrats

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Lol.... My grandson who is 4 wishes I was that kind of engineer ;)

I had one of the principals of a company I used to work for call me the other day to congratulate me... Because I never graduated from college, I am somewhat of an anomaly in the profession by having obtained this license. His words not mine...."I have heard of people obtaining their PE without a college degree before, but I have never actually known one. Great job! "

I did indeed bust my tail to accomplish this license. It required countless hours of taking additional college classes and self study to get the knowledge under my belt, but as my wife pointed out, I am still money ahead compared to having gone to college for four years to get the degree as I am minus the $70k to $120k of student loans.... College costs have become ridiculous.

By having obtained field experience prior to getting the license though, I did get to have a chuckle awhile back... A superintendent on a construction site was pitching me crap about "you engineers need to go out in the field and spend some time in the trenches to know how things REALLY get done" To which I replied "Well... I was a certified pipe welder and plumber for 6 years before I got into engineering. I can put that cast iron soil pipe together over there that those guys are wrestling with... would you like to see a demonstration?" It was a rare time that the superintendent was actually speechless :D

Ok, this is WAY off topic, but I just had to share...

I just found out last week that after about 8 years of taking classes, trying several times to to pass the state test to get the EIT (Engineer In Training) and finally passing that test, and then applying to take and missing several times on the PE (Professional Engineer) exam, I finally passed and I am now a licensed engineer!:D.

I took the exam last October and it takes this long to get the results. Some will know what this is/means, some won't. I have worked my backside off for a long time to achieve this goal and its a test only offered once a year, so if you don't pass, you get to wait another year. The EIT exam is 8 hours of generalized advanced math, physics, and chemistry. The PE exam is then another 8 hour exam in the specific discipline you are seeking your state license in; in my case, controls.

This is the best Christmas present ever!!... I honestly don't care if I get anything else this year for Christmas... That I no longer have to have this hanging over my head, studying intensely for months and losing out on time that I needed to spend on doing things for/with the family is huge for me...:D:D:D:D:D:D... All those hours I can now spend shooting/reloading--- Whooo-Heee!!!!
Congrats! I was a Journeyman Control Technician for 20 years, so I know what you're talking about. Way to go!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top