JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So in a previous post I said I was **** bent on a .308 Savage. A recent trade may have made me consider going AR. What do you cats think is the best for the money AR kit around? I dont need anything special, It does not have to be tacticool. It just needs to shoot for the little amount of shooting I do anymore. If it turns out good, without too much hassle, I will probably build a better one in .458 socom later. For this particular build, I would like to be around $500 without receiver if possible. I know there are several kits in the shotgun news for that price. If you folks have a kit you wanna sell in that price range, hit me up before I change my mind again. I am fickle, catch me fast.

Check out Palmetto State Armory. They have occasional sales on uppers and lowers. A milspec m4gery can be had for less than 700$ if you time it right. Keep in mind a 24" bull barrel AR will be very heavy.

Another vote for Palmetto State Armory. :s0155: <broken link removed> That's pretty hard to beat for the quality you get in the parts. $50 more gets you the Magpul MOE Furniture and trigger guard.

I believe I paid a little under $500 for a 20" rifle kit from Del-Ton. Another $100 for a stripped lower and I'm good to go with a $600 AR that hasn't had malfunctions so far (350 rounds). Only problem is the 6-8 week wait they got going on.

And if you shop around you can find LMT or others for same prices and not have "off name" parts. I understand not wanting to spend more to get more, but why not spend same or less and get better quality?

is there any problem using say, E-sarco company's kits? I realize the 16" barreled versions on their site is sold out, but they still got the 20" barrel ones for the M16A2 look; all ya need to do is add lower receiver...and then the local gun show, the recent one in Albany, had a Surplus Ammo marked complete lower for $150 and a Del-ton upper or DSA upper in 18-20 inches from $400+, the carbine length ones were 325+ for the complete uppers....
I myself am not minding starting a build myself over time.. :)

Hey, thanks for all the help. I am doing a trade with nubus and iamme for the kit and lower. I will keep you all informed. Nubus seems like a pretty cool cat and he is opening up a web site to sell the kits, and they appear to be a pretty damn good deal. I will keep you all informed about how it goes. thanks, jr

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top