JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could always try a Remington 512. The barrel is already longer than the tube magazine. You could have it shortened and threaded at the same time and it would make a killer little host...

I've read/seen that the Boyd Tacticool stock is the way to go. It's the same stock that comes on the more expensive threaded bolt action (TRR-SR?)

Yep that is the way I am going. Brand new Savage and put a bipod on the end and the lug just popped right out.... Not even worth trying to fix it if you ask me...

Here's a pic of my FV-SR with a boyds tacticool stock.

P5090007.jpg

I purchased the Savage but am not to happy with the crappy stock that comes on it. Plan on swapping that out if you go that rout.
I don't mind the stock, although I'm more of a wood stock for a bolt rifle kind of guy. But I have read quite a few posts disparaging the stock. Often people complain of the cheek weld. In that case a riser would help.

I have the CZ 452 American with the 16" factory threaded barrel. Mine is the european thread, so it requires an adapter for the 1/2X28 suppressor thread. I have been very happy with it. Nice handling rifle and quite accurate.

I'm leaning towards the FV-SR.... Either way, I ordered a Mueller APV scope with Burris rings off Optics Planet for $132.59 with free (ground) shipping. It seems to be a popular scope for .22 benchrest shooters.

It's important to work up to these builds slowly :D

I've got a Colossic bolt lock on my 10/22 and hardly use it. Once I put in the Kidd bolt buffer, most of the action noise vanished.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a suppressed bolt gun, but my 1938-vintage Marlin 81 with the plunger cock makes as much noise as the 10/22 now! It's not for tack-driving; it has open sights on it, since it's strictly for Chicken Patrol duty.
1221cc.jpg

I have the savage and it's a okay rifle. The factory stock is complete crap and needed replaced immediately. The magazine catch is also kinda cheesy. If you don't mind spending extra you can get a PWS t3 summit which is pretty much just awesome out of the box.

3f748c049db7df83697389f44413fd74.jpg

Here's my Browning t-bolt, short barrel and threaded from factory with adjustable trigger. Very nice. This is my favorite. I've had CZ and Ruger. My fun guns are all 10/22, but this one kills the squirrels.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top