JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could always try a Remington 512. The barrel is already longer than the tube magazine. You could have it shortened and threaded at the same time and it would make a killer little host...

I've read/seen that the Boyd Tacticool stock is the way to go. It's the same stock that comes on the more expensive threaded bolt action (TRR-SR?)

Yep that is the way I am going. Brand new Savage and put a bipod on the end and the lug just popped right out.... Not even worth trying to fix it if you ask me...

Here's a pic of my FV-SR with a boyds tacticool stock.

P5090007.jpg

I purchased the Savage but am not to happy with the crappy stock that comes on it. Plan on swapping that out if you go that rout.
I don't mind the stock, although I'm more of a wood stock for a bolt rifle kind of guy. But I have read quite a few posts disparaging the stock. Often people complain of the cheek weld. In that case a riser would help.

I have the CZ 452 American with the 16" factory threaded barrel. Mine is the european thread, so it requires an adapter for the 1/2X28 suppressor thread. I have been very happy with it. Nice handling rifle and quite accurate.

I'm leaning towards the FV-SR.... Either way, I ordered a Mueller APV scope with Burris rings off Optics Planet for $132.59 with free (ground) shipping. It seems to be a popular scope for .22 benchrest shooters.

It's important to work up to these builds slowly :D

I've got a Colossic bolt lock on my 10/22 and hardly use it. Once I put in the Kidd bolt buffer, most of the action noise vanished.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a suppressed bolt gun, but my 1938-vintage Marlin 81 with the plunger cock makes as much noise as the 10/22 now! It's not for tack-driving; it has open sights on it, since it's strictly for Chicken Patrol duty.
1221cc.jpg

I have the savage and it's a okay rifle. The factory stock is complete crap and needed replaced immediately. The magazine catch is also kinda cheesy. If you don't mind spending extra you can get a PWS t3 summit which is pretty much just awesome out of the box.

3f748c049db7df83697389f44413fd74.jpg

Here's my Browning t-bolt, short barrel and threaded from factory with adjustable trigger. Very nice. This is my favorite. I've had CZ and Ruger. My fun guns are all 10/22, but this one kills the squirrels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top