JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if you can buy RCBS die parts in Portland. I snapped the decap pin on a .270 die. I started looking at the whole rod when I was taking it out and notice that it is bent. I have only loaded about 30 rounds with it. I don't know if it came that way or if I did it. I haven't really had any problems with it. Can you bend them in normal operation? I haven't forced anything. I was also wondering if I could put the expander ball on a .308 rod with the .308 pin temporarily? Thanks

Call rcbs and they will send you how ever many you need or want, but it take about five days, I think ytou can use the 30 cal rod but put the 27 expander on it. I will stop now as the beer is working well.

Thanks, that is what I will do. I really believe it came that way. Sprice37, thanks for the offer, but I think I will send it in.

I think more are bent, than straight. I was adjusting my 223 decap pin about an hour ago. as I screwed it down , you could see the wobble in the pin.:(

Most likely too late to help here but

I have used a finish nail as a de-capping pin to "finish" loading and until I could get a new pin.

Cut off the nail head, chuck it up in a hand drill, and file a radius/ball on both ends.

just sayin'
Tilos

I bought about 10 extra decapping pins years ago. They come in 5 piece kits for $12 or so. The only one I've ever busted was on a 223 die with some heavy staked military brass. RCBS, Lee and Lyman all have awesome customer service.

Thanks, that is what I will do. I really believe it came that way. Sprice37, thanks for the offer, but I think I will send it in.
You do not have to send it in, just call them, tell them the problem and they will get a new stem & decapping pin right out to you with zero about of BS.
I have had 100% positive experience with RCBS customer service. From bent or missing stems, trashed dies, missing Lock rings. They were always 100% there for me.

---------------

Lee on the other hand can go straight to hell. They SUCK 100%

I think more are bent, than straight. I was adjusting my 223 decap pin about an hour ago. as I screwed it down , you could see the wobble in the pin.:(
That wobble is the difference between the thread diameters on the decapper rod and the die. That's why there is the locking nut - when you tighten it, it pulls the rod against the threads, centering it and locks it in place so there is no play in the decapper pin.

I just got this in the mail today. My decapper was bent as well so I emailed RCBS. They sent me a new one along with 5 extra pins free of charge. That's excellent customer service.
20220701_170600.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads