JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if you can buy RCBS die parts in Portland. I snapped the decap pin on a .270 die. I started looking at the whole rod when I was taking it out and notice that it is bent. I have only loaded about 30 rounds with it. I don't know if it came that way or if I did it. I haven't really had any problems with it. Can you bend them in normal operation? I haven't forced anything. I was also wondering if I could put the expander ball on a .308 rod with the .308 pin temporarily? Thanks

Call rcbs and they will send you how ever many you need or want, but it take about five days, I think ytou can use the 30 cal rod but put the 27 expander on it. I will stop now as the beer is working well.

Thanks, that is what I will do. I really believe it came that way. Sprice37, thanks for the offer, but I think I will send it in.

I think more are bent, than straight. I was adjusting my 223 decap pin about an hour ago. as I screwed it down , you could see the wobble in the pin.:(

Most likely too late to help here but

I have used a finish nail as a de-capping pin to "finish" loading and until I could get a new pin.

Cut off the nail head, chuck it up in a hand drill, and file a radius/ball on both ends.

just sayin'
Tilos

I bought about 10 extra decapping pins years ago. They come in 5 piece kits for $12 or so. The only one I've ever busted was on a 223 die with some heavy staked military brass. RCBS, Lee and Lyman all have awesome customer service.

Thanks, that is what I will do. I really believe it came that way. Sprice37, thanks for the offer, but I think I will send it in.
You do not have to send it in, just call them, tell them the problem and they will get a new stem & decapping pin right out to you with zero about of BS.
I have had 100% positive experience with RCBS customer service. From bent or missing stems, trashed dies, missing Lock rings. They were always 100% there for me.

---------------

Lee on the other hand can go straight to hell. They SUCK 100%

I think more are bent, than straight. I was adjusting my 223 decap pin about an hour ago. as I screwed it down , you could see the wobble in the pin.:(
That wobble is the difference between the thread diameters on the decapper rod and the die. That's why there is the locking nut - when you tighten it, it pulls the rod against the threads, centering it and locks it in place so there is no play in the decapper pin.

I just got this in the mail today. My decapper was bent as well so I emailed RCBS. They sent me a new one along with 5 extra pins free of charge. That's excellent customer service.
20220701_170600.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top