Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

bent RCBS die

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by svg4, Jul 12, 2010.

1. svg4

svg4 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was wondering if you can buy RCBS die parts in Portland. I snapped the decap pin on a .270 die. I started looking at the whole rod when I was taking it out and notice that it is bent. I have only loaded about 30 rounds with it. I don't know if it came that way or if I did it. I haven't really had any problems with it. Can you bend them in normal operation? I haven't forced anything. I was also wondering if I could put the expander ball on a .308 rod with the .308 pin temporarily? Thanks

2. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Call rcbs and they will send you how ever many you need or want, but it take about five days, I think ytou can use the 30 cal rod but put the 27 expander on it. I will stop now as the beer is working well.

3. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

RCBS has excellent customer service, I bet if you gave them a call they would send you a new one, no questions asked........
    1-800-533-5000

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  4. svg4

svg4 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks, that is what I will do. I really believe it came that way. Sprice37, thanks for the offer, but I think I will send it in.

5. SAR1846

SAR1846 Oregon Member

I second calling RCBS... they have helped me out on more than one occasion. EXCELLENT customer service, IMHO.

6. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

BI-MART :thumbup:

7. 2gr8dgs

2gr8dgs oregon Active Member

I think more are bent, than straight. I was adjusting my 223 decap pin about an hour ago. as I screwed it down , you could see the wobble in the pin.:(

8. Intoodeep

Intoodeep Beaverton, OR Member

Ever sit on hold with RCBS listen to the soft hidden message in the background......kind of freaked me out at first.
    They will take care of you after your 20-30 min. wait, no questions.

9. Tilos

Tilos Idaho Active Member

Most likely too late to help here but

I have used a finish nail as a de-capping pin to "finish" loading and until I could get a new pin.

Cut off the nail head, chuck it up in a hand drill, and file a radius/ball on both ends.

just sayin'
    Tilos