JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, something about that doesn't ring true with me. If I shot someone in the chest with one of my rifles from less than three feet or so, that person wouldn't be getting up to make a phone call, let alone be able to go lay down on the couch to wait for EMS. The only way I can see that happening is if it was a .22 rifle firing .22 shorts, or maybe one of those .177 pellet rifles. If it was anything .223 on up, even with a standard ball round, that's pretty much going to kill a human from that distance.

Something about the information in this article is really off.

Yeah, something about that doesn't ring true with me. If I shot someone in the chest with one of my rifles from less than three feet or so, that person wouldn't be getting up to make a phone call, let alone be able to go lay down on the couch to wait for EMS. The only way I can see that happening is if it was a .22 rifle firing .22 shorts, or maybe one of those .177 pellet rifles. If it was anything .223 on up, even with a standard ball round, that's pretty much going to kill a human from that distance.

A relative of the victim told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Lee Stoll that the victim was shot through the shoulder. She was taken to St. Joseph Hospital, where she was recovering on Thursday night.

Personally, i'm more concerned with this part:
In their frantic search for the assailant, an officer ended up at 3023 Pacific St, a one number difference from the victim’s address.

Mitch Lindstrand and his roommates were asleep when, they said, a Bellingham police officer kicked in the door with such force that it broke the frame.

“The door swung open so bad that it broke this and knocked that out,” Lindstrand said, pointing to the damage.

"I just heard, ‘Get on the ground,' and I was in my bed, so I rolled over," Lindstrand said.

"While it was happening we were all like, ‘What is going on?’” Lindstrand’s roommate Nick Babbit said. “We didn't do anything wrong."

I wonder what reasoning they had to pull those gestapo tactics on seemingly random people.

I spent 3 of my 4 years in college partying right there on Pacific in one of those Townhouses. Looking at it in the article brings back some fond memories (of partying, not quite what happened this time).

Maybe she knew some Kung Foo and was able to apply some ancient defensive breast strokes to deflect the deadly blow.

OR

She is a Humpty Dumpty Behemoth and the bullet couldn't penetrate.

OR

She got punked with a pellet gun.

The story sounds pretty fishy.

I'm thinking attempted suicide. I don't know what the statistics are but generally when a woman attempts suicide using a gun they rarely shoot themselves in the head. They almost always shoot themselves in the chest. Women spend so much of their time focused on what they look like when they are living they don't want to mess it up in death.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews