JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for an FFL to handle a handgun transfer, from a private party, who will be shipping here. Anyone affordable you would recommend in the Beaverton/Hillsboro/Newberg/Forest Grove area? Thanks in advance.

A Cut Above Pawn 503-277-2274
18295 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, Beaverton, OR 97006

I use them all the time for online transfers and private party transfers. They are quick and easy, no nonsense.

They charge $25 including the Oregon State Police background check.

Thanks. I called A Cut Above and they said their policy is only to send a copy of their FFL to another FFL. I think it's easier to have the seller go through an FFL, so that's what I'll do. Thanks

A Cut Above Pawn is a FFL. The shipper doesn't need a copy of the FFL, because he or she is not a licensee (FFL)

from ATF.GOV

How may an unlicensed person receive a firearm in his or her State that he or she purchased from an out–of–State source? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
How may an unlicensed person receive a firearm in his or her State that he or she purchased from an out–of–State source?
An unlicensed person who is not prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms may purchase a firearm from an out–of–State source, provided the transfer takes place through a Federal firearms licensee in his or her State of residence.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]

Last Reviewed September 23, 2016

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a)(5), 922(e) and (f); 27 CFR 478.30 and 478.31]

Last Reviewed September 23, 2016

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany