JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hello all

Does anybody have a really cheap (or better priced) Winchester Mod. 70 long action stock? I need to build an 11in LOP rifle for my very small daughter so I'm looking for something that will keep me from trying to inlet a 2x4! LOL

It can be really bad, as it's going to have some major "renovation" to make it work. i want to marry it to a .257 Roberts Featherlight action.

Thanks.

Winchester used a long action for the .257 Roberts. They placed a block in the rear of the magazine box and use a different bolt stop so the bolt throw is shorter than the full action would otherwise make it. So a long action stock is what I need.

I haven't thought about plastic stocks. I was planning on band sawing off several 3/4 inch chunks to bring the stock down to her size. Then as she grew I'd dowel and epoxy the chunks back on to increase the length.

Could that be done with the plastic stocks? I'm thinking they are hollow? Even so, perhaps the hollow could be foam filled and still cut off in pieces?

What do you think? Am I on a workable path with this thinking?

Thanks!

DEF72E49-21C4-4AB8-B7FB-CC6A828BCA88.jpeg I think it is hollow inside. Not sure if you could easily add the pieces back on.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.