JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I were getting a HiPower refinished I would definitely look at doing some fine checkering or stippling on the front strap.

As to the finish, I saw one that was hard chromed where most of it was a matte finish but the flats on the slide looked like a brushed stainless. I don't know who did it but it looked awesome.

9D101613-4313-465A-89AB-42BDBF9E354A.jpeg This is it. It looks infinitely better in photos as the finish is lumpy house paint Or bad spray paint or something. A fingernail scratches it and it has an odd texture to feel.

Here is a thread that details the process I took a surplus Israeli BHP through to put a rust bluing on it.

There is a benefit to buying surplus Browning Hi Powers

I looked back at that and that pistol did come out VERY nice. You said that was your first attempt which is even more impressive. Had I looked at the pics and not known that I would have assumed a pro did that. Before and after show an impressive improvement from beat up to extremely nice looking.