JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this cheap and I believe the current finish is black house paint. I am wanting to cerakote it and I am debating going non traditional and maybe going for a gloss aluminum or a gloss aluminum slide and a deep blue or green frame.

It is an old Belgian one and it probably would look amazing blued, but I have one of those and I want this to be a more rough and ready piece.

I am looking at ditching the mag disconnect safety. I am undecided on grips. The current ones look like hell but feel like a worn in baseball glove.

I got this cheap and I believe the current finish is black house paint. I am wanting to cerakote it and I am debating going non traditional and maybe going for a gloss aluminum or a gloss aluminum slide and a deep blue or green frame.

It is an old Belgian one and it probably would look amazing blued, but I have one of those and I want this to be a more rough and ready piece.

I am looking at ditching the mag disconnect safety. I am undecided on grips. The current ones look like hell but feel like a worn in baseball glove.
I would like to see this

If it was mine...for a "rough and ready" piece , I'd :
See if it could be Cerakoted OD green or parkerrized OD green , like the Mid War finish on WWII Remington rifles and Pistols....and If I could get brown rubber or plastic grips...or some such...something that looked a bit like Bakelite ....I'd be happy....
Andy

Id like to see the hi power do you know what year it is ?

Could it be updated with an ambo safety and late high suppressor ready sites? As long as the guts are excellent who cares about the visual appearance? I for one would leave the trigger mag disconnect inside the gun. Grandkids in the our house occasionally.

Yep ... this begs for a bunch of pictures. I need to learn how to do that also. My computer skills are very very limited. So far. :)

If it was mine...for a "rough and ready" piece , I'd :
See if it could be Cerakoted OD green or parkerrized OD green , like the Mid War finish on WWII Remington rifles and Pistols....and If I could get brown rubber or plastic grips...or some such...something that looked a bit like Bakelite ....I'd be happy....
Andy
That crossed my mind, only no rubber grips. (Anaphylactic allergies suck)

I want cerakote as this one will get a lot of use as browning hi powers are a personal favorite as they were the pistol I learned to shoot with my grandfather. I have his old one. But it is more of a special occasion one.

Could it be updated with an ambo safety and late high suppressor ready sites? As long as the guts are excellent who cares about the visual appearance? I for one would leave the trigger mag disconnect inside the gun. Grandkids in the our house occasionally.

Yep ... this begs for a bunch of pictures. I need to learn how to do that also. My computer skills are very very limited. So far. :)

I have many guns without it and frankly it sounds fully reversible so I plan on at least trying it. I will get some up I guess. Maybe I will post pics of both.

Gloss aluminum hmmm instead of mast old worn blue :eek:

2C2720EC-8BCE-470A-873A-31C3F9926B6F.jpeg
C452CCED-59D0-4652-B110-D5820D1C3B48.jpeg