JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

After missing Deer/Elk season due to military obligations I'm trying to sneak in a last minute black bear hunt. Thanks to some friendly users on this site I have a few options for locations to check out (thanks again!).

My question is: I have the fall "general season" black bear tag. Is this good for the whole state? I know the Spring Season is a controlled hunt and limited to certain areas.

I've been searching through the ODFW website and haven't found an answer.

Thanks!

Good for whole state. I know you need and elk or deer tag during certain seasons in certain areas, but you're past these now so should be all fair game (pg 17). Happy hunting! If you're ever unsure, you can always call ODFW, they're usually very helpful.

Im my favorite bfe hiking spots its normal to see cat sighn but this year bear tracks were everywhere and the farmer said he lost 3 calves to bear, i even came across a den site. Might be a good year to bear hunt.
02AF4112-9BF9-4AFE-8544-431189A920EA.jpeg 76BCFA3C-253E-4CB9-AE8E-F5DDF4BBDE54.jpeg F41AB64E-189E-4DE1-AA53-A2F258DD4747.jpeg

Nice! I hope there's still some good spots with active bears. I just got back from hunting central Oregon. It was beautiful land but the snow and ice made noise discipline all but impossible..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top