JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure how going to the coast, and getting good seafood tie in? Unless you're going to buy it at a place you know for sure it's fresh, and cook it yourself. You can get some pretty lousy crap at coastal restaurants. And because you're on "The Coast" they'll fleece you like a "Tourist". Best bet as far as eating out is to get solid references from folks here. Or, if your're on ifish.net you could ask?

If you end up buying and cooking it yourself remember the old axiom "ALWAYS SMELL IT FIRST" . Words to live by!
Oh I'm just saying we love everything about the ocean. But also it's a known fact that fresh seafood isn't in Idaho. Nothing THERES NOTHING as GOOD as razor clams. Well maybe scallops.

I saw a program about big fat clams coming out of the Tillamook Bay. They said that most went to crab bait but they looked like the large (4" or larger) ones we eat in Mexico that are wonderful. The guys were diving for them like we do for sea urchin and picking them up by the ton. Looked like a business opportunity for someone.

I've been diving for scallops, lobsters, and abalooney, but never for clams. Sounds like fun.

x2 for Tillamook bay... you can rent a boat, there are crab cookers you can use (not sure the cost), there's a state campground if you want, good kiting, and you can reach other nice places from there.

BTW if you go to Lincoln City, stop by Pier One restaurant. Great seafood. I used to order the bucket of bay clams. :D

If you like kiting, don't buy at the shore towns, it's a ripoff. There are plenty of good deals online.

The prawns we get there days are a poor substitute for real wild caught of the old days. One of the reasons they are inexpensive is they are raised in pens in south east Asia like Salmon in Norway and the BC coast. We used to get clams while raking for crabs out near Squim Washington. Old memories..........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top